Paid extras for “Touchback”

July 22nd, 2010 at 2:01 pm by under Entertainment
Open casting call for paid extras for “Touchback”

UPDATED 7/29/10: Producers are looking for extras to fill out the cast of their drama “Touchback” set against the backdrop of football.  The movie will be filming for several weeks in August in Grand Rapids and the Coopersville area.  The paid extra positions are for a $75 day rate.

The casting call will be Thursday July 29th and Friday July 30th  from 1:00pm – 3:00pm each day at the West Michigan Film Office (741 Kenmoor Ave Suite E, Grand Rapids, MI).

Available paying roles from press release:
Tailgaters with VEHICLES 1994 or OLDER
Factory Workers age 40 – 60
Farmers/ Townsfolk 18 +
Bank Staff “Yuppies” in 20′s
Students 18 – 30
Hotel Guests age 50 +

UPDATED INFO: Also, on Wednesday, August 4th and Thursday, August 5th there will be tryouts for experienced football players need for “Touchback”.  The shooting dates at Coopersville High School football field will be August 12th, 13th, 16th, and 17th.  The filmmakers are hoping for 2,000 additional (unpaid) extras to fill the stands for the night-time filming.  August 12th will be filming 9pm-2am, the other three days will be sunset to sunrise (9pm-6am).

Story summary/more info from press release:  ”Touchback” is a football story about overcoming life’s setbacks, redemption, self improvement and recognizing the value of life. Public scenes in the movie such as High School Hallways, Football Stadium and the Factory scenes, come alive with the help of Michigan residents who work as background actors. No experience or headshots needed, just come as you are!”

How to Apply:  Come to either one of the open casting days anytime between 1pm & 3pm.  Fill out a character profile, have a photo taken and register as a background actor.  JR Galactic Casting Directors will cast “on the spot” for shooting dates in August.
Talent Compensation: Day rate= $75/ 8 hours + overtime
For More Information or to Apply Online visit: www.JRGalactic.com

Laff at the Movies

Follow my updates on twitter: http://twitter.com/aaronlafferty

Add me to your RSS feed: http://feeds2.feedburner.com/woodtv8-blogs-laff-at-the-movies?format=html

My Top Movies of the 2000s: http://blogs.woodtv.com/2010/01/08/best-of-00s-my-favorite-movies-of-the-decade/

My votes on IMDB:

Tags: , , , , , ,

26 Responses to “Paid extras for “Touchback””

1. barbara Malone says:

I would love to be a extra in the movie, i am 44

2. The Lee Family says:

The Lee Family would love to work on the set as extra’s.

3. Cheryl Krupp Deman says:

Paid extras for Touchback…. Yes I would love to do it I sat many Friday nights at the Coopersville football field back in high school I also drive a 1992 Honda I am in my 40′s

4. Joyce See says:

I would love to be a fan in the stadium but they limited the age for those to 30, which, I don’t understand that because if you think about it, how many 30 year olds have children old enough to be in high school? I am 40 and have a child in 10th grade. I also know that grandparents do like to watch their grandkids play sports so you would think that thy would allow ages 18+ for those spots also.

1. Dawn says:

There is no age limit on the fan extras. The age limit for students is 30. I went Friday night and there where kids, grand perents and people of all ages. They are doing it again tongight. All you have to do is have a MI ID on you and walk in. Hope you see this befor.

5. Cindy says:

Paid positions for students (fans) has age limit. Unpaid extras – all ages needed. Come on out!

6. Marti B. (44th/Wilson SW) says:

They should get a ton of people with the unemployment situation in this area.

7. Marti B. (44th/Wilson SW) says:

I am a youthful 59 years old…..maybe I can fit in somewhere.

8. Dennis says:

They are not paying all extras.

9. I would love to be an extra, how do I apply?

10. Hello Talent! My name is Jennifer and I am the Extras Casting Director for JR Galactic. We have been hired to cast the PAYING background roles for Touchback. We are NOT casting Football Players, Stadium Fans, Cheerleaders or Band Members. Here is some useful info to avoid further confusion.

1) The Assistant Coaches positions have since been filled
    2) JR Galactic is NOT casting the 2,000 Volunteer Extras to play Stadium fans in the stands on the night shoots for the BIG football game.
    3) People looking to try-out as football players should visit http://www.sportsstudio.com and NOT attend JR Galactic’s casting calls
    4) Cheerleaders Try-outs will be Sat July 24th. To apply, email Ella at burlymermaid@gmail.com

11. McIntosh family says:

We would love to be extras please email me if there are more open spots paid/unpaid thank you!

12. Teresa says:

“Fill out a character profile, have a photo taken and register as a background actor.”

how much is it going to cost for the photo taken?

13. Ivette Montanez says:

I’am 36 yr. old woman look 21 and alway’s dreamed of playing in movies i feel i have skills cause i’ve been through a whole lot could probably act anything out if your interested you can call me at 616 635-9663 or email me at ivettemontanez74@yahoo.com

14. Martha (Stroven) Vugteveen says:

I graduated from Coopersville High School, class of “78″, I also grew up on the farm on 48th Ave that was chosen for this film. Our family lived there for two generations. I would very much like to be a part of this movie in some way. Please reply. Thank you, Martha

15. Tony Arbanas says:

I’m 55yr old who has a 64 pontiac GTO would you be interested?

16. Shady Joe says:

i know the lay of the land out here in coops, i have also been the coopersville broncos waterboy for 5 consecutive years. i am almost 12 and going into 7th grade at c-ville. i would be pschyed to be on the sidelines as the official waterboy since every high school team must have a waterboy to keep the team hydrated. no gatorade here, only high quality H2O

1. Frye Family says:

Hire the waterboy!- he knows what to give to the players- quality H20

17. Frye Family says:

We have a 1987 Ford F350 4 door dually. It has some rust of course we are in Michigan. Are you still looking for tailgaters? We would be interested!
    Frye Family

18. About a couple weeks ago I had an opportunity to be in a music video for TP and Esco, but I became very sick the night before, so I was unable to be in it. I would absolutely LOVE to be in this movie. It would mean the world to me, to just be even an EXTRA and be a person in the stands or even in the hallways or wherever needed. Please take this all into consideration. Thank you very very much.

Sincerely yours,
    Autumn.

19. Linda says:

We have a 1979 Trans Am.

20. Brian Y says:

We had a great time being extras for the film “Touchback”. Members of the Del Shannon Appreciation Society including myself spent 11 hours on location at the Coopersville High School Football field being fans in the bleachers and rooting for the Coldwater team. Coldwater is the ficticious town for the movie. Barry Sanders talked to the audience over the P.A. and Kurt Russell warmed up the crowd by shaking hands and signing a few autographs. It was a long night of filming Friday night into the wee hours but well worth it and very enjoyable! Can’t wait to see the movie once it’s released.

21. Brian Y says:

By the way my friend Jamie Popenhagen loaned his ’88 Ford F250 for the movie. They used it for some scenes so hopefully it makes the cut for the film!

22. Eric James says:

Hey Brian you found this too! Cool. It was a lot of fun shooting it (I thought). I slept until… 2:00Pm the next day. Missed most of the Del Shannon car show but it was worth it!

23. sue roberge says:

will the extra’s be named in the credits at the end of the movie touchback?