Kent St. Football player runs the wrong way after fumble recovery!

August 31st, 2012 at 2:20 am by under Bill's Blog, Sports, Weather

Check this out.  Kent State’s Andre Parker looked pretty foolish Thursday night.  Kent St. was playing Towson.  A Towson punt grazed a Towson player.  Parker then proceeded to pick up the muffed punt and run with it, 58 yards down the field…in the opposite direction!   To add to the bizarreness of the play, he was then tackled by a pair of Towson defenders (why would they stop him from running toward your endzone???).  Since no words can really ever do this series of events justice, you can just view the video HERE.  Fortunately for Parker, Kent State would go on to beat Towson 41-21.

However, you can’t advance a muffed punt, in any direction, so the ball was returned to the 7-yard line. Reminds us old guys of Jim Marshall of the Minnesota Vikings, who scooped up a fumble and ran the wrong way into the end zone, giving a safety the San Francisco 49ers!  Here’s video of that.

10 Responses to “Kent St. Football player runs the wrong way after fumble recovery!”

1. Shawn says:

Read the headline Bill and instantly thought of Jim Marshall. The younger generation will not remember that I am sure. Thanks for sharing this!

2. That kinda happened to me, but I didn’t run the wrong way thank goodness. I was playing middle linebacker and pick a off a short pass and was going to score an easy touchdown or so I thought with 2 blockers in front, but then they both went zombie on me and hulled me to the ground, dang I wanted the TD, we got back to the bench and the coach looked at my “blockers” and said “Why did you tackle him, they said we heard people in the stands yelling ???? In their defense it was jr high football 30 some odd years ago but dang I really wanted that TD !! LOL

3. kevin.w says:

From NWS and from what I’ve been saying for a while now AND there is even snow on the map in central and northern Canada next weekend.

IT WOULD NOW SEEMS A STRONG STORM COMING OFF THE KAMCHATKA PENINSULA
    MONDAY BECOMES THE DOMINATE UPPER LEVEL WAVE FEATURE IN THE NORTHERN
    HEMISPHERE. IT DEVELOPS A DEEP BUT NONE THE LESS PROGRESSIVE UPPER
    TROUGH WITH A 160 KNOT JET CORE WHICH IS STILL DIGGING INTO THE WEST
    SIDE OF THAT TROUGH TUESDAY MORNING. THAT SYSTEM PICKS UP REMNANT
    LOW FROM A FORMER WEST PACIFIC TYPHOON. THIS COMBINED SYSTEM REACHES
    THE DATELINE BY WEDNESDAY. THIS OF COURSE BUILDS A LARGE UPPER RIDGE
    IN FRONT OF IT. THAT IS OVER THE WEST COAST OF NORTH AMERICA FROM
    CALIFORNIA TO CENTRAL ALASKA IN THE WEDNESDAY TIME FRAME. THIS THEN
    SETS THE STAGE FOR SOME SIGNIFICANT DOWN STREAM WEATHER CHANGES THAT
    IMPACT SOUTHWEST MICHIGAN (THINK FALL LIKE WEATHER). THIS ACTUALLY
    HAS BEEN A RATHER STABLE FEATURE OF THE MODELS OVER THE PAST FEW
    DAYS. BY THE WAY THIS ALSO GOES ALONG WITH THE MJO PHASE PROGRESSION
    (WHICH SUGGESTS WARM INTO MID WEEK HERE THEN COOLER).

4. Vincent(N.E.Kent Co) says:

After this heat in Kansas I have gone thru I can’t wait for Fall like temps! Since this is a sports thread, I sure have been seeing lots of people here in KC carrying around brooms. The Tigers need to get the Royals center fielder. He is good.

1. Vincent(N.E.Kent Co) says:

P.S. Go Packers!

Back 2 football….. Northview’s Grill was a rolling out some good food last night!! INDYY..

6. Kimoeagle says:

As a Kent State alumni, I bowed my head in mortification for a moment, and then the memories came of watching Jack Lambert do his thing on Dix Field in the early 70s, and I am now smiling in recollection of watching this Hall of Famer “gettin’ ‘er done! :-)

7. Dan says:

So this on ESPN. It was kind of funny! All the kid had to do was run in the right direction about 15 yards for a safety! WOW. He’ll probably never do that again!

Listening To : Bobby Bare……Drop Kick Me Jesus ( Through The Goal Posts of Life )……. ;-)

8. Jo Anne Reid says:

Makes you wonder how many concussions he has had!