Tigers in 1st Place – Sox Lose AGAIN!

September 27th, 2012 at 5:21 am by under Bill's Blog, Sports, Weather

WOO HOO!  Tigers win Thursday afternoon.  Doug Fister set an American League record with nine consecutive strikeouts.  The Tigers are in first place now by two games, as the White Sox continue to implode.  Immitating the 1969 Chicago Cubs…the White Sox dropped out of first place for the first time in 2 months.  The Sox gave up 12 walks Weds. night and lost again Thursday night on the way to their 8th loss in 9 games Weds. night.  The Tigers have won 6 of the last 9 games.

I usually stay at the Art Prize Studio until around 2:15 AM until Matt comes in to start working on the morning show.  I look at and print out the new data coming in.  When I leave, it’s usually very quiet downtown and I can’t see a soul as I head to my car.  I may come down early today and look around a bit.  There’s a guy from my hometown of Wilmette, IL who’s made the top 25 (Jack Nixon).  I’ve been told that his drawings of Chicago landmarks are awesome over in DeVos Place.  I also want to see the pics. of Stacy Niedzwiecki over at Peaches.  She’s let me use a couple of her photos on the blog.

Also, check out the sea foam that’s come onshore in Scotland and tornadoes, 3″ diameter hail and an overturned semi from severe storms in Illinois.

23 Responses to “Tigers in 1st Place – Sox Lose AGAIN!”

1. michael g (SE GR) says:

Tiger’s magic number is 7. Even with as frustrating as they’ve been this season, they do have the talent to make a run in the playoffs if they can just get in. Pulling for the Orioles to beat the Yankees too.

2. Dan says:

Yes, Tigers in 1st place! Can they hold onto this and win out? Leyland, PLEASE keep your BEST line up in! Once they get in, they can do some damage in the playoffs with Scherzer, Verlander and Fister. Those bats must also be lively!!

I agree. Not sure how many games the Tigers lost (or won) because of Leyland but I sometimes wonder about his player selection.

1. Dan says:

Slim: I would say Leyland has cost the Tigers at least 10-15 wins. They SHOULD already have the American League Central wrapped up, in my opinion!

1. Char says:

Its a wonder what hindsight will do for ya huh Dan and Jim? You guys should go apply to be a MLB manager next season since you are both competent enough. Ive followed baseball my entire life and while its nice to have a scapegoat apparently for any time the Tigers lose its ignorant as well.

3. Nathan (Forest Hills) says:

Hey Bill, I got a new 51 inch tv and your show looks extreamly cool in high definition!

Lets hope the Tigers can keep it going and I will be rooting for the Ray to beat the White Sox.

I see the long range guy over at acctuless weather is guessing for our area to have a near to maybe above average temp wise this winter and average to below average precipitation wise.

Also on note I had cataract surgery om my right eye on Tuesday (will have the left eye done next week) the odd thing for me is I was so nearsighted (still am in the left eye) but the odd thing is now I think I am farsighted in my right eye so while distance is good (right) I can not see any thing clear within 10 feet Oh well I still will need glasses only thing is if will be for close up and not distance. I am using a cheap pair of reading glasses now but they do not help much

5. Rich (Muskegon) says:

Bill,

I’ve noticed the lake levels of both Lake Michigan and Muskegon Lake are down significantly over the past few weeks.

Could you update us on the lake levels? We need some good fall rains – do you see any coming in October/November?

The new numbers come out Thursday night, so I’ll try and have a lake-level update later this evening or for sure by Friday AM.

1. KevinS (Saugatuck) says:

You should see the Kalamazoo River and Lake Kalamazoo in Saugatuck.!! It’s unbelievably low. Seems like everyday more and more land is appearing in the main harbor. People saying they have never seen it this low.. We need rain and a heavy winter….

Bill, what does the Tigers winning have to do with weather. I’m sick of you trying to push your agenda on here. :)

Fizzzlers Son ??

7. mike[kalamazoo county] says:

With harvest starting I am all for sunny dry weather instead of rain. Mother nature must get tired of farmers going from one extreme to the other with weather wishes.
    I hope the tigers hold it together they are are a better team than the white sox hopefully they had their slump and get going in Oct.

8. Barry in Zeeland says:

Any idea what the wind forecast is for Friday night when they launch those thousands of sky lanterns for artprize? That is going to be a sight to see, as long as they don’t crash into the sides of downtown buildings and light the whole town on fire! We plan on being there with our whole family.

1. Mr. Negative says:

Ditto…keeping an eye on Friday evenings wind direction -

Hey Folks Did Ya Know That if ya Find 1 of These Sky Lanterns.. Ya maybe Get A Prize !!! I’m Hoping to Experince This Live and In Person…. Enjoy… :-)

2. Rob's Wife says:

Oh that sounds awesome! Where can I find more info on launch times and such?

1. Rob's Wife says:

Thanks!

GO TIGERS!!
    BRING ON WINTER!!!
    BRING ON 120 INCHES OF SNOW!!!

10. Dan says:

Yes, GO TIGERS! Nice win today! If they win out, they take care of what they need too. Hopefully, the White Sox fade!
    Bring on the Winter, I’m with you!

Heck Yes, Tigers are Currently 1.5 Games UP! ….. CUE: Survivor….EYE OF TIGER…. !!!!!!!!

Update Make That 2 Games UP ,!!! Go Tigers….. :-)