Wednesday

November 6th, 2012 at 12:08 pm by under Bill's Blog, Weather

Local   I’ll leave radar up.  A few sprinkles have made it into the lakeshore counties overnight.  They will dry up and we have basically dry weather shaping up for the next 3 days.  The new NAM Caribou data gives G.R. a high of 47 today (Wed.), 49 on Thurs. and 56 on Friday.  It prints out only sprinkles for Friday night.  The GFS gives G.R.  0.05″ Friday night with the bulk of the rain coming Sunday night into Monday (1.22″ total).  It does give us a decent chance of snow showers Monday night into Tuesday.   The European prints out 0.34″ of rain Friday night/Saturday and then the printed data gets goofy after that with wild swings up and down that don’t look right.

Here’s WOOD-TV Interactive Radar, looping radar. Check out the current conditions, regional radar, GRR radar, northern Indiana radar, Chicago radar and Milwaukee radar. Here’s the College of DuPage Radar Map, Storm total rainfall, the local warning/advisory map and the National warning/watch/advisory map. You can checkout the latest Grand Rapids NWS discussion, the Northern Indiana NWS discussion (includes the Michigan Counties that border Indiana), the discussion for Northern Lower Michigan, and Eastern Lower Michigan. Here’s the Spyglass Condos Weather Station the S. Haven GLERL station, the Muskegon GLERL station, the Grand Haven Steelheaders webcam and weather station, and the weather station at Holland State Park. Check out the WOOD lightning tracker and U.S. lightning Marantha Webcam at Lake Michigan and links to webcams. Here’s the infrared satellite loop (night) and the visible satellite loop (daytime). Here’s Lake Michigan water temperatures. Here’s storm total rainfall for W. Michigan and E. Michigan. Here’s data from the mid-lake buoy and the Wind Map.

311 Responses to “Wednesday”

1. Mark (N.E. Gratiot) says:

Thats fine Deb, come back in 4 years when were going through a deep depression and you don’t have a job, lost your house and your just a member of the Peoples Republic of Obama and tell us all about how happy you are LOL
    On the bright side we get 4 more years of funny Joe Bite-me ism’s….

1. big Daddy BC says:

A depression is what Obama rescued us from, numb nuts.

In May 2013, Black unemployment is at 13.2%. Teen unemployment is at 24.1%. The greatest job growth last month was for restaurants and bars. These are lower-wage and often part-time positions. Part-time jobs had the biggest gain, with dozens of employers indicating a preference for part-time workers as “Obamacare” kicks in. (this from CNN).

Nice rescue.

2. Jordan (Twin Lake) says:

Oh and not to mention he spends our money like it’s anything when it is not Some people or should I say all need money and when he spends our money like it is nothing then wait and see the next 4 years will be miserable!

3. Barry in Zeeland says:

Not taking sides here because I believe we lose either way, but looks like the stock market is not taking kindly to the Mr Obama guy. Ouch.

1. Brad says:

Um, what happened to the stock market over the past four years?

This is from the Huffington Post: “The Republican Party holds a majority of state legislatures, governorships, lieutenant governorships and secretaries of state and claims half the nation’s attorneys general. After the November elections the Republican Party now controls 24 state legislatures, and Republican governors lead 29 states. This one party’s dominance is significant on multiple levels.

The vast majority of laws that regulate our primary relationships and economic well-being are created and enforced at the state level.”

4. Stephen says:

Bill, Prop 1 lost. You can troll us on prop 2 all you want but prop 1 lost.

1. Allendale says:

Stephen, Prop 2 lost. You can troll us on prop 1 all you want but prop 2 lost.

1. big Daddy BC says:

The people of Michigan didn’t like any of the amendments because they were amendments. I respect that, although I don’t think it was a referendum on bargaining. The middle class lost on that one, but we, at least, don’t need to worry anymore about Snyder putting an overseer in our towns and schools to sell off lands, break contracts, and fire elected officials. PROP 2 went down, but so did PROP 1…thank God. All is well once again.

…Until Snyder starts pushing Right to Work legislation. Stay tuned, sinking middle class.

2. Stephen says:

If you read all yesterday bill was posting how prop 2 lost because mitler lost. Prop 1 lost sorry. too bad. I could care less about 2 losing i understand that but i dont think bill understands prop 1 and mitler losing.

Bill understands that Emergency Managers can lead bankrupt cities and schools back to fiscal sanity. Governors Granholm and Blanchard, both Democrats agreed with me: http://www.michigan.gov/snyder/0,4668,7-277-60279-296104–,00.html

5. Mark(Okemos) says:

Can’t we all just get along?

R.I.P. Rodney

6. Deb (Oklahoma City) says:

Guys the election is over OBAMA won nothing you can do about it so why don’t you just put your whiny hats away and get used to it and Jordan Obama has done nothing to hurt our economy it was Bush where have you been the last 4 years????

#TeamObama2012!

Ok, so 4 more years from now when the country is, and will be worse off than we are now, are you people still going to be so ignorant as to blame Bush then. I honestly believe that a large percentage of people that voted for Obama are the ones that are going to suffer the most in the next 4 years, under his policies, and regulations. I will not sit here and whine or complain, but I will say to you now and 4 years from now. I told you so.

1. joanne says:

Your comment is ignorant Brian. Bush had a massive impact on our country and economy. It is blind to not notice and pretend that it should magically go away in 4 years or even 8. I’m sure we will be better off in four years as we are now compared to when Bush left office, but I, for one, can’t expect one president to erase 8 years of Bush, especially without the help of Congress.

It’s like trying to beat a dead horse. In Obama’s first 2 years he had 60 votes in the Senate. He had no Republican blocking his signature in the house or the senate. And that’s when he did most of his damage. I may be just a statistic, but the first time in my life I was unemployed was 2007 just after the Dems. gained control of Congress. And then again in 2009, not long after Obama became president. Both jobs were with small local employers whom told me that due to the higher taxes on the company and their health care providers that they had to make payroll cuts. It was unfortunate for me because I was closer to the top in both companies, making more than others below me. They still had to make the cuts to save money for the company. I just don’t understand how asking for, and expecting hand outs has now become the new normal for this country. And that’s what it has now become. You either have to work really hard, or don’t have to try at all to make it in this country now days. Frustrates the hell out of me.

Bill, and everyone on here, sorry to go on a rant off the weather topic, but I am just a person of belief, values, and morals. And I am very concerned with the road this country is headed for. Good night all.

Hey, I feel for you Brian. I’ve been the lucky one. I’ve had steady employment. You’re going to see more of this when Obamacare and the new taxes kick in…there will be more part time jobs. Some employers will drop insurance and pay the fine because it’s the cheaper of the two alternatives (and that’s by design). It bothers me even more when I see my tax money wasted. Look at Solyndra (535 million) and LGChem (150 million) and about 30 others. http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/22/news/economy/obama-energy-bankruptcies/index.html

4. Irish coffee says:

It ALL boils down to POWER and CONTROL! Obama’s philosohy/policies are indicative of a BIG-handed government approach.This includes,but is not limited to, increases in regualtions/controls on private property rights,new regulations to restrict certain behaviors,dietary controls,& costly transportation,health and energy policy changes as well as attacks on speech and relgious freedoms, to name but a few.Losers in this brave new “fundamentally changed” system are: NON-gov’t run businesses,churches(Christian),SUV’s,and the Statue of Liberty.
          Targets soon to be added to the Endangered ‘species’ list: 17-64oz. drinks and children/families with BOTH a father and a mother living under the SAME ROOF!!!

5. Irish coffee says:

To joanne: BETTER off??? Seriously? How is a HIGHER unemployment rate BETTER… 17 million additional people(and counting) being added to food stamps since Bush left…..the debt? ASTRONOMICALLY HIGHER now! Disposable income = DOWN for avg. American…GAS almost double…energy/utility bills vs 4 yrs. ago= MUCH HIGHER. I suppose a few Volt battery plant workers are BETTER off , as are 27 Nebraskan Cornhuskers who don’t have to ‘suffer’ a pipeline in their backyards(forget 10′s of thousands of JOBS it would have created)…oh, and who could forget the double-breasted speckled LOCUSTS and non-sprayed(enviro-friendly) mosquito population thriving and sharing malaria and west Nile worldwide