Modis Lake Michigan picture

February 13th, 2013 at 8:49 pm by under Bill's Blog, Weather

Click on the picture to enlarge or better yet, click here.  Just wanted to show you that there is very little snow south of I-94.  Temperatures were 2-5 degrees warmer over the snow-free area this afternoon.

11 Responses to “Modis Lake Michigan picture”

1. TomKap (Michigan St. & Fuller) Grand Rapids says:

Nice. We should lose a lot of ours over the next few days.
    Makes me happy that Spring is near….

2. Ryan (Rockford) says:

You’re spot on Bill. I left downtown Kalamazoo around 5:15 this evening and the temperature was 45 degrees on my car (may have been a few degrees too high, but still). Any snow that received sunlight is completely gone, and I’d say Kalamazoo is half snow, half grass. It’s a fairly similar snowcover until just north of Plainwell, where it becomes much more prevalent and is still covering everything by the time you hit Kent County. Up here in Rockford, we still have several inches and huge piles near the driveways, and the temperature was down to 32 by the time I got home around 7:00. It dropped from 45 to about 38 by the time I hit Wayland. Let’s see what this next week brings as far as snow, melting, and perhaps another shot of snow/cold.

3. Barb says:

Is that snow cover over parts of Lake Michigan?

You’re kidding right?

4. Slimjim says:

Even with several inches of snow on the ground and huge snow piles ever where I still made it uo to 40 here at my house. It’s now down to 27 here.
    As for any storms the next two weeks well we shall see if that pans out.
    Slimjim

I hauled a draft horse from Cedar Springs to La Grange, IN – it was cold/gray/icy up north and warm and sunny down south! No snow south of Kzoo. They were even starting to turn over the fields (using draft horse teams and plows) in La Grange!

1. Travis Ulberg (West of Martin, Allegan County) says:

My friend in Three Rivers hasn’t had anymore than 5″ on the ground all year, and hasn’t had any snow since last weekend. I always send him snow updates/pictures since he trailers up to my house to go snowmobiling. He always says that he needs to move up here in the snow belt area.

1. Ryan (Rockford) says:

It’s amazing what a difference 40 miles can make. Heck, there are wide differences in snowcover for areas even just a few miles apart.

Exactly!! Travis Ulberg and I are “neighbors”, so to speak – but he gets a LOT more snow than I do; and I get more snow than my other “neighbor” Larry who’s on the east side of Gun Lake…LOL!!

6. Matt (Spring Lake) says:

Still have 6 to 8 inches of glacier in the Muskegon area

1. Travis Ulberg (West of Martin, Allegan County) says:

Same here. You can barely even tell anything melted today.