Now That’s a cold front!!!

April 23rd, 2013 at 12:05 pm by under Bill's Blog, Weather

childress   This deserves a separate thread.  Yesterday late afternoon, the high temperature in Childress, Texas was 93 degrees.  At 11 PM, the temperature was still 79 with a south wind at 21 mph gusting to 29 mph.  MAJOR cold front comes thru (dry, no storms).  At midnight, the temperature has fallen to 54 (down 25 degrees in one hour!) and the wind is north at 35 mph gusting to 49 mph!  By 4 am, it’s snowing and the temperature is in the mid 30s!  At noon our time, the temperature in Childress is still just 37 degrees at noon our time and it’ll be 50 degrees colder this afternoon in Childress than it was yesterday afternoon!

ALSO:  Snowiest April ever in Rapid City, SD – 43.4″!  That’s more than their average for the entire winter!  And….April is now the snowiest month EVER in Duluth MN with 51″ of snow!  It’s also the snowiest April by nearly 20″.  Duluth still has 22″ of snow on the ground.  The previous record for latest morning with 20″ of snow on the ground was 4/15.   And…a sandstorm in Scotland (which is a windy country).

49 Responses to “Now That’s a cold front!!!”

1. Bobby (Ada) says:

WOW!!! LMAO ROFL :)

2. hsoJ in Zeeland says:

im surprised that you didn’t write anything about ”INDYY”

1. hsoJ in Zeeland says:

that was almost too nice…

3. Skot says:

Bo Bo….haven’t we had enough of hi-jacking of this blog? Be like Wlav 96.9 and Be Nice.

4. Barb says:

Bill, how does the weather look next week for Cheboygan? I’d like to head up for the start of the season.

Better…it’s been a cool and wet month in Cheboygan, but they’ll move from the 40s to the 50s and 60s next week. You could hit a +70 day next week, too.

5. Tim (Spring Lake) says:

This is true, but NO ONE can grow a mustache like Bill. That’s one of the things that makes Bill Bill.

LARGE AND IN CHARGE OF BILLS BLOGG!!! INDYY..

Very profound and intelligent comments! WOW!

Bill when push comes to shove the IDIOTS run like a wolf…..INDY has your back!! Getting more rain out thee YARDofBRICKS not good trying to get thee yard dry for our party in May……Stay tuned !! INDYY…

9. Todd says:

Denver did something like that a couple weeks ago…low 70′s to low 20′s

10. Tyler says:

I think winter is over now. We still could get a snowfall in May but it will melt within a few hours. Next week it is supposed to be in the Upper 50′s here. Still alot of snowpiles around Escanaba that need to melt and there is still ice on the bay but the bay is half Ice free now. The snow on the ground is basically gone except for where it is plowed. We had a downpour of rain yesterday morning around 7 A.M.

11. Clarence says:

You (“Boman”) are ruining Bills blog. My family is tired of people like you in Grand Rapids. We are a poor family who are at our breaking point with people like “Boman”. Makes me wasn’t to sell food stamps again for weapons to protect my family. This is a dangerous and town. I can’t take more lord because this feels like Bible end times.

1. Clarence says:

Want not wasn’t.

12. Tyler says:

Dodge City KS high was only supposed to be 32 today. That is unbelievably cold for all the way down there and in Late April down there. That has to be a record also like the town in Texas Bill mentioned.

13. Nathan (Forest Hills) says:

On a weather topic, i took a tour along the grand river and the water is nearly up to the expressway!!

14. Lisa (Caledonia) says:

Another rainy day! I saw some (very tiny) leaves beginning to sprout on the roadside bushes on my drive home, so there’s a sign of spring! However, I guess we could see some snow flurries tonight…?

15. Nathan (Forest Hills) says:

uhhh….

16. Mindy ( Mason MI ) says:

Hey Bill, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!! You need to BLOCK ALL BLOGS POSTS from this MORON….. Boman !!!!!!!!!

Thank- You Bill !! For getting Rid of That PERSON, “Boman” !

Poof, and he’s gone.

Pouring buckets here.

This is much better. That was a bit ridiculous. Whatever that was.

20. bobcat says:

LOL… He’s gone! Feel free to remove my last comment also, as it was only directed at him. Thanks!

Hey,bobcat hope you will Oblige Me a CUE on That NOTE ! Enjoy Y’ALL LOL.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

1. bobcat says:

My “LOL” reply was in response to Jack. Thanks, Bill, for getting rid of the trash.

I.T. removed “Boman” and his other names. I removed several other comments on this thread that were either directed at him or didn’t make sense with his comments deleted. There were even worse comments from him that went to moderation and never made it on the blog. They appeared to be coming from from 3 different IP addresses (which we have noted and saved). I’ll have to check, but this may not have been the “Boman” that used to comment here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

21. Nathan says:

Thanks so much Bill for removing him! And its really enjoyable to lay in bed and listen to the rain… Hooefully the flowers start growing soon becuase I am ready for spring and thunderstorms!

1. Bobby (Ada) says:

i’m thinking if the forecast holds true, we shall start to see some flowers, leaves, and very green grass by the end of next week. can’t wait!!

22. Bobby (Ada) says:

Sorry guys, initially i found that quite hilarious, nut it soon became childish an overwhelming… on a lighter note… Rocky… 70 & golf this weekend?!! WOOHOO!!

23. Nathan says:

Just checking to see if my profile is updated, ignore this comment

It Rained Fairly Hard Here ( N.E. G.R. ) Around 3:30 till 4:30 . Since then it Has Been Misting on and off. Hope like Heck, we don’t Get any SNOW, mixing In The Overnight ! I’m SOOOOOO Ready for SPRINGTIME 2 Arrive and STAY ! Stay Cued….. ;-)

25. Nathan says:

Can February march?
    No, but April may!

Knock knock…
    Whos there?
    A negative NAO
    And a negitive influence!

Ok, im done now! And Bill ill send you my flood video tomorrow ASAP becuase it is awesome!

Nice..Weather Joke ! Nathan ! Gave me chuckle ! Thanks…..Stay Cued ….. ;-)

* Ahh *…. lol.. ;-)

26. Mike M. says:

Wow! Look at all the records set in the last 42 days…

I’m sick of this. I want to smell fresh cut grass and charcoal smoke.

Aw…you didn’t wait for Hansen to “adjust” the numbers.

27. Mindy ( Mason MI ) says:

Yes!!!!!!!! THANKS BILL !!!!!!! Back to being a WEATHER BLOG !!!!!!!

28. Bruce Cloud says:

Those Texans can’t handle a little “cold”. 30 degrees, lol.

29. Tyler says:

I remember last year the leaves were out in full bloom already here and in 2010 I remember fishing at this time in Late April and the water was already warming up. 2010 was a warm spring here in the U.P. if I remember right. We lost our snow cover for good in Early March of that year and the leaves were out in April that year as well.

April 2010 was a warm month in Michigan. In G.R., we only had on day that didn’t 6 days that didn’t reach at least 60 degrees. Starting March 31, we had highs of 78, 82, 83, 66, 71, 69, 68, 69.

30. Cliff (Scotts) says:

Finally some nice weather over the weekend, can’t wait.

31. cbm says:

There is no where for all this rain to go. I understand about the flood. Before forecasts who knew if it would ever end.

32. Jerry hoag says:

Bill thank you for keeping YOUR blog clean!! Welcome back to your blog too! Nice forecast also, love those 70′s you have for us on Sunday, Monday even Tuesday(?) Ahhhhhhhhh what a refreshing sign! Time to finally put away the darn winter coat!!

33. Skot says:

Atta boy Bill!!

34. Rob's Wife (Plainfield at 3 Mile) says:

Ok, so glad all that drama is gone. I was scared to post on here yesterday. Had no idea what was going on besides some internet bullying. And I do not throw that word around easily. Anywho…When I click the Rapid City link it tells me I am not authorized to access the page. I would love to share the link with my cousin who is living very near Rapid City right now.

1. Rob's Wife (Plainfield at 3 Mile) says:

It says I must supply a valid station I.D. Don’t have one of those lol ;)

35. mister_bean says: