Tues. PM

May 7th, 2013 at 12:41 pm by under Bill's Blog, Weather

Local  12:40 PM – The lake breeze is kicking in.  The temperature just dropped 13.2 deg. in an hour at the S. Haven beach – to 54.7 deg.  The most likely scenario is that we see no rain this PM.  I’ll keep radar close to the top for the next few days.  Check out the threads below.   Also, here’s some pictures of the May 1-3 snowstorm in N. Iowa/S. Minnesota (up to 13″ fell).
For current Michigan weather observations and wind speeds, click here. Here’s WOOD-TV Interactive Radar, looping radar. Check out regional radar, GRR radar, northern Indiana radar, Chicago radar and Milwaukee radar. Here’s the College of DuPage Radar Map, the local warning/advisory map and the National warning/watch/advisory map, and a surface weather map. You can checkout the latest Grand Rapids NWS discussion, the Northern Indiana NWS discussion (includes the Michigan Counties that border Indiana), the discussion for Northern Lower Michigan, and Eastern Lower Michigan. Here’s the Spyglass Condos Weather Station the S. Haven GLERL station, the Muskegon GLERL station, the Grand Haven Steelheaders webcam and weather station, and the weather station at Holland State Park. Check out the WOOD lightning tracker and U.S. lightning, the Maranatha Webcam at Lake Michigan and links to webcams. Here’s the infrared satellite loop (night) and the visible satellite loop (daytime), Lake Michigan water temperatures and the HPC snowfall predictions. Here’s NAM model snowfall thru 84 hours, the GFS snowfall thru 120 hours.

10 Responses to “Tues. PM”

1. Nathan says:

I guess the rain and cloud epidemic is about to start up again for the next 5 days or so… The bright side is that there will be some action!

2. Travis (Oakland County) says:

Big time warmth just arrived in the Pacific Northwest. Seattle almost hit 90 degrees yesterday – average high is 65. Old records highs have been broken by 10-15 degrees across the region. That must be the warmth coming here next week after our one or two days of cooler weather.

Meanwhile, parts of Florida continue to be cooler than here in Southern Lower Michigan.

All in all, a perfect start to May for us, and now CPC says the back half may be warm as well. These extended summers we’ve been having are great!

I agree ever since 2009 since we didn’t have summer all year… It was nice and windy all sailing season though, so I didn’t complain all that much. =)

3. Barb says:

Absolutely gorgeous here in Cheboygan. Warm & sunny!

Seems a bit more MUGGY, out Today ! Love it, Happy Tuesday , Ye..all ……. ;-)

5. Dan says:

Absolutely awesome weather! I’ll take this all summer! I see we have a bit of a cool down for Mother’s Day. I think, mid 50s is just a bit below where we should be for this time of year. GET OUTSIDE and ENJOY this weather!!!

6. Imthemom (just n holland) says:

Wow, it’s raining here pretty hard!

Great Bill I really think thee east side is talking or taking your blog up Fixxer uncle sparkee Rocky Skot swatzee Bruno Uncle buck busiieee ect. please come back to Bills blog and have a sprite tonight as INSDY feels right to Jimbo cris u know who u are help us now …… welcome back!!!!! Stay tuned IDNYY….

INDY…..Stay CUED…..4 Thursday !!!! LIGHTNING ZOOOOOMMMMSSSSS + THUNDER BOOOOOMMMSSS …Billys BLOG will BE BLAZIN…… ;-)

8. Skot says:

INDY I never leave. I check here many times daily. Just tired of Bill’s Blog Hi-Jackers continuously. Don’t know about Bill’s buddies’ B.C. etc but I had fun when I first came here.