Weather Alert Radios at Meijers – Bill on the radio

May 16th, 2013 at 12:29 pm by under Bill's Blog, Weather

rosewood school   meijers cascade Thursday, Kyle and I were at the Meijer on 28th St. in Cascade (just east of I-96) from 4 – 7 PM.  Thanks to everyone who came into get a  weather alert radio.  Meijer is running the promotion all week.  You get $5 off the regular price (so $29.99).   Look in the electronics dept. of your local Meijer store.   They are like smoke alarms and warn you when severe weather is coming.  You can program them to just the county you live in or for several counties (for instance, it you live at the west edge of Kent Co., you’ll probably want to set the alarm to go off for both Kent and Ottawa Counties.  You can also pick the type of warning.  Everyone will want to be warned for a tornado warning for your area, but you probably won’t want the alarm to go off in the middle of the night for a Fog Advisory.

Friday, I’ll be on WOOD radio at or shortly after 9:10 AM.  That’s 1300 AM and 106.9 FM and on Saturday May 18, Storm Team 8 is partnering with WOOD Radio 1300AM and 106.9 FM to answer your severe weather questions live. Storm Team 8 Chief Meteorologist Bill Steffen and 24 Hour News 8 Daybreak meteorologists Terri DeBoer and Matt Kirkwood will be at the WOOD Radio studios for our special severe weather radio show from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. We invite you to join us to get your questions answered live on the radio.

I was at Rosewood School in Jenison Thursday for a walk-a-thon.  The kids raised over $16,000 for the school.  They had some nifty prizes for the kids – including an I-Pad and a new bicycle.  The school is on Tyler St.

10 Responses to “Weather Alert Radios at Meijers – Bill on the radio”

FIRST, Enjoy Your HUMP~ Day … Y’all .. stay CUED……. ;-)

2. Nathan (Forest Hills) says:

Can we come to Meijers because I live about 5 minutes away!

3. CSG says:

Are you going to be at other locations for special weather events in the near future? Thx

I don’t know yet. I’ve volunteered. I think they’ll see how the appearance goes today.

4. Leanna says:

What weather radio do you recommend?

I have to go to Meijer’s today but unfortunately not either of the ones on 28th street.
    its a very nice mid May day today nice sun and warm temps (I now have 80° here) Also of note the snow is now almost gone in Houghton.

Check the Ripley can and the train 3 cam. Check out the motion and the time lapse to watch the snow melt. Looks like there will not be very many leaves on the trees in parts of the UP for Memorial Day weekend.

6. Dan says:

The Weather is just about perfect! Keep the sun and warm temps around for awhile! Going to a party! Everyone turns to see, this wonderful weather.
    Do you feel alright?

HEY DAN…..I AM FEELIN ALRIGHT !!!!!!! CUE : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJcIjG9N1Qs. Lol.. Turn it UPP!!! And Enjoy all The MUSICIANS… :-)

7. Larry from Hastings/Barry Co says:

Does Radio Shack sell any good weather alert radios? I need to get one. We don’t have a Meijer’s here in Hastings.