Sprinkles/Showers

May 17th, 2013 at 4:16 pm by under Bill's Blog, Weather

Local  Sat. AM – Slight chance of a sprinkle/light shower.  The clouds should hold for the AM and then slowly break up around mid-late afternoon with temperatures reaching the mid-upper 70s when the sun comes out.  Sunday and Monday shoule be warm days with highs in the low-mid 80s.  We’ll have a chance of showers and thundershowers from Monday PM thru Thursday with perhaps an inch of rain over that time.  The timing on that looks right for most of us, with the rain clearing out to give us a mild and pleasant Memorial Day Weekend.  Here’s the camera at Krupp’s Resort at Twin Lakes…the last little tiny big of snow to the left of the thermometer should melt off tonight.  The lake has finally thawed out.  Check out the MODIS picture of Lake Superior from 5/17 PM (Fri.).  You can still see some ice in Black Bay and Nipigon Bay.
For current Michigan weather observations and wind speeds, click here. Here’s WOOD-TV Interactive Radar, looping radar. Check out regional radar, GRR radar, northern Indiana radar, Chicago radar and Milwaukee radar. Here’s the College of DuPage Radar Map, the local warning/advisory map and the National warning/watch/advisory map, and a surface weather map. You can checkout the latest Grand Rapids NWS discussion, the Northern Indiana NWS discussion (includes the Michigan Counties that border Indiana), the discussion for Northern Lower Michigan, and Eastern Lower Michigan. Here’s the Spyglass Condos Weather Station the S. Haven GLERL station, the Muskegon GLERL station, the Grand Haven Steelheaders webcam and weather station, and the weather station at Holland State Park. Check out the WOOD lightning tracker and U.S. lightning, the Maranatha Webcam at Lake Michigan and links to webcams. Here’s the infrared satellite loop (night) and the visible satellite loop (daytime), Lake Michigan water temperatures and the HPC snowfall predictions. Here’s NAM model snowfall thru 84 hours, the GFS snowfall thru 120 hours.

16 Responses to “Sprinkles/Showers”

@Crystal Mt. for a wedding. Rehersal @ the mountain top. 54 degrees, rain, and wind. Yay!

2. Dan says:

Interesting weather! It is really not too bad out, just overcast.
    Bill: Is it supposed to be cool for the Memorial Day weekend? Looking forward to Sunday, looks like it’ll be a very nice day!

Hey, Dan…..Bill Says HANG TOUGH FOR RIGHT NOW…….. I say HANG FIRE….CUE : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xbtlW16Gts. Lol…. ;-)

Memorial Day Weekend looks pretty good at this point…at least the start of it…upper 60s/low 70s Saturday, maybe mid (upper?) 70s on Sunday.

INDY day will go off with a bang then…….INDYY..

4. mr. negative says:

Throw away day…overcast, windy, 64.

5. Barb says:

I really could use rain at my house in SE GR and up at my cottage in Cheboygan. It’s getting pretty dry.

1. michael g (SE GR) says:

It’s coming next week.

6. Jerry hoag says:

Hey I am so ready for the big boomers starting Monday!! Severe weather Monday Tuesday for our area souns like a very good threat!!! Tornadoes maybe even!! INDY you ready?????? Jerry H is so ready!! If car was running I would be out in the plains tomorrow, Sunday in Iowa area then where ever thr darkest skies would take me but I am staying put here in Michigan so I am praying the severe weather hits us tooo!!!

1. Jerry hoag says:

As far as the car thing, it is my freinds car. I don’t own a car. I wish I did! Does anyone have one for sale?? Really good priced, decent shape, dependable and can get with me on here about it????? Just respond to me via here and then I will tell you how to get in touch with me. Many thanks and GOD bless you!!

7. Jerry hoag says:

Hey Bill, why aren’t you talking about the huge severe weather threat that is heading our way starting Monday into early Wednesday morning???????? Can you answer me back here cause my email account is down for now. Thanks bill!!!

Here’s the Severe Weather Outlooks from the Storm Prediction Center: http://www.spc.noaa.gov/products/outlook/ It’s a slow moving system and it should have a nice moisture feed with it. I don’t know if this will be significant for us or not. The chance of severe weather through Monday AM will be west of Michigan.

1. Jerry hoag says:

Bill thank you for the link!! I watched Tom Skilling on Chicago weather tonight before I watched you tonight and he said that the severe weather for the Chicago area (the best bet) will be Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. So I was thinking with that cause of vicinity with us it should be the evening of Monday start time frame. He als said the sheer would be great especially Monday.?.? The Weather Channel had a TorCon of 7/10 for west central Iowa on Sunday already.

8. Jerry hoag says:

So to Bill with those numbers and thoughts I was thinking the dynamics were going to be great or just right for some where in West Michigan, you think too? Or is it a too early call yet?

9. Travis (Oakland County) says:

Unfortunately, NWS Detroit is not too impressed with our upcoming severe chances.

“The upper level dynamics and instability will bring the possibility for several rounds of showers and thunderstorms to the area. Despite the decent cape values, shear will be very weak in the low levels with a rather unimpressive hodograph and meager helicity values.”

Beach volleyball, tennis, and grilling out with friends today. Tim McGraw tomorrow nite. It must be summer!

Go Wings

10. michael g (SE GR) says:

Wings roll today, going to watch the Griffins tonight! Playoff hockey!