Severe Storms Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania

July 10th, 2013 at 1:55 pm by under Bill's Blog, Weather

WW0406 RADAR Thumbnail Image  Severe storms blasted a large area from Indiana to Pennsylvania.  We had everything from the usual trees and power lines down to a train derailment in Williams Co.  Gusts have been measured to 86 mph in W. Ohio.    Here’s Detroit  RadarN. Indiana radar and Cleveland radar.  Here’s storm reports from SE Michigan, N. Indiana (reports of 60-70 mph winds and damage) and N. Ohio.   Cars and trucks have been blown off highways and roof damage is reported.  I-70 in Ohio was blocked at state route 256.  There’s a landslide due to flooding at Elizabeth PA.   From the Cleveland NWS:

WALL BLEW OUT AT TOWER CITY RTA STATION AND PART OF ROOF
            OF CLEVELAND CITY HALL BLOWN OFF AND OR DAMAGE

Also, today is the 100th anniversary of the hottest temperature every recorded in the U.S. (and now the world, since they booted out the old record of 136 in Libya in 1922) at Death Valley, California.

24 Responses to “Severe Storms Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania”

The storms just missed me but it was fun watching the clouds and lightning just to the south.

2. Travis (Oakland County) says:

Tornado warning on the border of MI and OH. Severe Thunderstorm watch for me. We’ll see if I get any action today.

3. Travis (Oakland County) says:

Those are nasty storms. Tornadoes, high winds, and golf ball sized hail.

What a great summer for storms in thee great lks states….INDYY..

5. Jerrod (Hartford) says:

I’m glad the really rough weather missed us, but it looks VERY DRY the next 8-10 days around here with heat.

Hope no one had loved ones and friends at Cedar Point today. Tornado Warning and a Severe Thunderstorm Warning with potential for 100 MPH winds.

6. Shortest AFD ever? :P

.SHORT TERM…(THIS EVENING THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT)
    ISSUED AT 321 PM EDT WED JUL 10 2013

HIGH PRESSURE WITH SHORT WAVE RIDGING WILL RESULT IN MOSTLY
    CLEAR SKIES…LOW HUMIDITY AND SLIGHTLY BELOW NORMAL
    TEMPERATURES.

.LONG TERM…(SATURDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY)
    ISSUED AT 321 PM EDT WED JUL 10 2013

AIR AND DRY WX IS ANTICIPATED THROUGH THE LONG RANGE FCST PERIOD AS
    RIDGING BUILDS IN. TEMPERATURES WILL BE SEASONABLY WARM THIS WEEKEND
    REACHING WELL INTO THE 80S.

A PROLONGED PERIOD OF HOT WEATHER IS EXPECTED NEXT WEEK AS AN UPPER
    LEVEL RIDGE BUILDS OVER OUR REGION. MAX TEMPS SHOULD REACH THE UPPER
    80S TO LOWER 90S MONDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY. IN FACT MUCH ABOVE NORMAL
    TEMPERATURES AND DRY WX IS LIKELY TO CONTINUE THROUGH NEXT WEEK.

7. Lisa (Caledonia) says:

GunLakeDeb… Were you anywhere near this? I hope it wasn’t a friend of yours (or family member!). http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/barry_county/Cottage-on-fire-at-Gun-Lake

8. Nathan (Forest Hills) says:

I was driving on a busy road where four ducks were crossing in the middle of the street. The car in front of me smashed into the ducks and feathers went everywhere… One duck exploded and another was shot into the air… Very sad story to hear. I am just thankful that the car didn’t slam on their brakes or else we would have crashed together.

1. Stephen (North Muskegon) says:

HAHAHAHA. I’m sorry just imagining that makes me laugh. BOOM Feathers everywhere..

Years ago I Saw Minivan hit a turkey on 131 near Big Rapids @ 70mph. Talk about a cloud of feathers. It smashed the windshield.

Oh My ! What a ” FOWL” Accident !! :-)

Well played, good sir.

1. Skot says:

should have ducked. I have hit more critters this year than ever. 2 Robins, 3 rabbits, 1 squirrel and just missed a coon last night. Uncle Sparks would have a field day behind me !!!

9. TomKap (Michigan St. & Fuller) Grand Rapids says:

When did they ‘boot’ out that Libya temp?
    I think I remember challenging that record somewhere here in the blog in the last few years.

10. ron says:

not bad Indy! your original post on June 29, 2013 at 9:12 pm

6 Days of 90* and better with a Derecho are coming around thee 10th ….Get ready now……INDYY…..
    !

the 90′s are coming next week and ohio and Pennsylvania had a derecho on the 10th.

1. Yup (Grandville) says:

Indy actually gets it right more often than not. Even in the winter.

1. Skot says:

If it twernt for the Magical Bubble, he’d be “Chief INDY”

Indy IS Chief,Cook, and SPRITE BOTTLE… ” EMPTIER ” ! Lol… Right Indy ?? ……… ;-)

11. Skot says:

By the way…where be finnnster on this glorious, amazing, beautiful day? Peeking through the vertical blinds shivering is my guess.

Yup, Keeping a EYE OUT, for These FOLKS !!! ( wink,wink) http://www.policegeekcomputers.com/images/PoliceGeekLogo.jpg