Severe Storms Blast IN, OH, PA

July 11th, 2013 at 1:57 am by under Bill's Blog, Weather

storm reports   toledo damage 1  toledo damage 2 The image on the left is a map showing severe reports from Weds. (as of 1:30 AM). There were approximately 300 wind damage reports. At least 3 people were injured. Gusts hit 86 mph at St. Marys and Sidney OH, 80 mph at Roll IN, 75 mph at Radnor OH, 71 mph at Baltimore, Columbus and Chickasaw OH and 70 mph at Gus Grisson AFB in Indiana. Winds tore part of the roof off City Hall in Cleveland and damaged a transit station. A significant number of cars and trucks were blown over. I-70 was closed for awhile because of wires and trees down on the road. A train was blown off the track at Melbern, SW of Toledo.  picture from NBC24 in Toledo.  More Ohio Flood Pics.

8 Responses to “Severe Storms Blast IN, OH, PA”

1. TomKap (Michigan St. & Fuller) Grand Rapids says:

Glad it wasn’t here. I’ve had enough of those scares.

2. Skot says:

Thats what I’m talking about !!!!Hell ya….minus the injuries of course.
    A storm that just altars your life for a few days.

“In Seneca County, downed trees and power lines cut off traffic on some sections of State Rt. 18 east of Tiffin, while damage throughout the county prompted a rare summer Level 3 emergency”
    I am curious do we have “emergency) levels??? And if we do are they numbered 1,2,3 ect and what dose each level mean?

4. Nathan (Forest Hills) says:

I see that the forecast for next week is changing by the day. It was 90 and sunny every day… Now it is 90 and cloudy.

5. Jeff (Richland) says:

I hope we aren’t entering an extended dry stretch here. I only had .10″ of rain at my house on Tuesday.

6. Travis (Oakland County) says:

Hot and dry coming up. I’ve had only 0.31″ of rain so far in July. Less than a third of average.

Yupp the 10th was a good day for sever storms just a little south..INDYY