Strong Storms along I-94

July 19th, 2013 at 3:03 pm by under Bill's Blog, Weather

WW0422 RADAR Thumbnail Image  1:10 AM.   Warning for Washtenaw, Wayne and Monroe Co.    Measured gust to 59 mph at the Kalamazoo Airport,  60 mph at M66 and Base Line Rd. in Calhoun Co. with 55 mph winds and small hail in Richland.  Multiple trees and wires down across N. Kalamazoo County.  Trees down near Mattawan.  Gust to 48 mph and 1.37″ near Battle Creek.  Multiple reports of 40-45 mph winds in E. Van Buren and Kalamazoo Counties…gust to 45 in Marshall.  Strong storms from near Detroit to SE Cass County.  Another shower in Ionia Co.  and t-storms near Flint.  These storms will likely move east as the line sinks south…so good chance of a t-storm in areas south of a line from along and south of I-94.   Earlier today, Wood-TV had a gust to 51 mph on our roof.  Wind damage (trees) reported 4 SE of Hudsonville, in Grandville, Wyoming, Kentwood and Alaska.  East G.R. had a gust to 51 mph – that’s on top of the press box at the high school.  The GRR airport had a gust to 54 mph.    Here’s Storm Pictures sent to WOOD-TV at ReportIt.  Here’s U.S. storm reports from Friday, storm reports from SW Michigan, E. Michigan and N. Michigan.

411 Responses to “Strong Storms along I-94”

1. Kevin(Rockford) says:

zero precipitation yesterday, unreal. Figured with that kind of heat and humidity, that front would at least produce SOME rain for everybody.

2. Jim S (North of Parchment) says:

1.70 inches of rain overnight here in Cooper Township.

3. Red in Allegan Co. says:

I was soooo tired last night I threw myself down in bed around 10 when those storms were firing in Allegan Co. I really didn’t think it would be much but apparently it was gustier than I thought. At one point my bed was vibrating due to the wind. And it has to be pretty windy to make my bed do that. At least I saved a quarter.
    Got up this morn to find an entire tree down in my pond. Have about 7 willows around the pond and there are two that are right together on the west side. One of those is now in the pond. It split off right at the ground. So those storms had some gusto to them.

4. levi says:

anyone have wind speeds recorded for the Holland area along port Sheldon? lots of damage around here

5. Zach says:

It amuses me last night many many many people were calling BUST… however the more experienced folks waited it out knowing it would come.

1. Barry in Zeeland says:

Bust for some, not for others. We for example have been devoid of storms for several years now, and rain is pretty much non-existent around us here in Ottawa county. Total rainfall this July and last July can’t be more than a small trace. Last night, not even a drop.

1. Kevin(Rockford) says:

I am at .96 for the month – zero yesterday

I’m glad we got 8+ inches of rain in June. Everything is still lush and green here.

1. Swatz_Zoo(Cedar Springs) says:

clear sky last night until around midnight than pt cloudy and could see some bit of lightning off to the S-SW but bone dry as well 0 drop of rain.

I am glad bots wait 2…..INDYY

1. Jordan (Twin Lake) says:

yeah Zach is wack.

7. mike[kalamazoo county] says:

.75″-1.5″ last night, we have been very fortunate with rain this summer.

8. ~Sherry~ Comstock Park says:

Zero rain here too. My rain barrels are getting low.

~ Sherry~ Same Here…0 Zip Nada !! Need RAIN Badly……staying CCCCUUUUEEDDD!!!!!

9. Jerry hoag says:

Yeppers same here not a damn drop either!!! Saw the lightning to the south. Lucky people along the I-94 cooridor. They seem to be the ones who get it. Not us near and north of the I-196/96 corridor.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

INDY?????????? I WANT SOME TWISTERS TO CHASE, HOW ABOUT YOU?????? NOT ALL THE DAMAGE BUT TOO CHASE…………