Severe Weather Outlook Areas

July 21st, 2013 at 3:23 am by under Bill's Blog, Weather

1630 UTC Day 1 Outlook 1630 UTC Day 2 Outlook 1630 UTC Day 3 Outlook   The chance of rain isn’t zero today, but for many of us, today will be dry and pleasant.  We have a chance of a shower or storm Monday PM into Tues.  It’ll be dry Weds. and Thurs….and maybe Friday with a chance of showers/storms next Friday night/Saturday.  No 90s this week and maybe not the following week either.  Only the extreme SW corner of MI is in the general t-storm outlook for this Sunday, but we’re all in on Monday and most of Lower Michigan will have a chance of a t-shower on Tues.

Check out the GRR NWS discussion and the latest surface map. Check out Regional radar to see the rain across the Great Lakes. Here’s GRR radar, local lightning data, meso-discussions and current watches from SPC and a satellite loop. Here’s current Michigan temperatures, National lightning data and the latest discussion from GRR NWS. Here’s National Storm Reports for today and yesterday. Here’s a live pic. of the beach at Grand Haven, Here’s the latest Grand Rapids NWS discussion.

166 Responses to “Severe Weather Outlook Areas”

1. Ben (Kalamazoo) says:

I got lightning pics! Coming right up. In a while :D

2. Scott (robinson twsp) says:

Ottawa county just got screwed again. :(

1. Swatz_Zoo(Cedar Springs) says:

Same with Cedar Springs yet again, radar is showing we should be getting at least rain, HA HA HA bone dry

2. Scott (robinson twsp) says:

I’m beginning to think it’s the weather balls fault. What’s in that thing!

Neon Lights I Think…. Or…. Neoff Lights, in this Case..Lololol….. ;-)

3. Katie in Kentwood says:

We have quite a storm here in Kentwood at 44th/Breton. Torrential rain, super windy and lots of lightning/thunder. Looks like there may be some flooding already. Is this not severe? I think it should be..

4. Ben (Kalamazoo) says:

And here are some dazzling lightning photos I took. As promised.

5. Barry in Zeeland says:

Real actual rain in Zeeland! Funny how Friday was a sure bet to get rain and we don’t get a drop, and today was a slight chance and it’s pouring out.

1. Brian (Grandville) says:

So unpredictable isn’t it Barry. Glad to finally see this phenomenon.

6. Ian (Jenison) says:

Been a light rain for over an hour, thunder rumbles in the distance…
    Got real windy 5 minutes ago but that’s over now.
    First rain I’ve seen in ages (not counting the 4 minute sprinkle the other day)

7. Ian (Jenison) says:

Been a light rain for over an hour, thunder rumbles in the distance…
    Got real windy 5 minutes ago but that’s over now.
    First rain I’ve seen in ages (not counting the 4 minute sprinkle the other day)

8. Nathan says:

It is so windy outside! It’s been like this for over 8 minutes now!!

1. Katie in Kentwood says:

I remember Kyle Underwood (I think) on the 6pm newscast saying the air was too dry here and we’d get light rain only and no storms…that most of it will dry before it hits the ground. Well we got a really nice storm here :)

1. Katie in Kentwood says:

1. Katie in Kentwood says:

Why is this posting here?? I posted it to the bottom of the page…ugh

9. Yup (Grandville) says:

Over 1.64 inches of rain so far and climbing.

1. Nathan says:

A LOT more coming with these training storms.

1. Yup (Grandville) says:

It will be interesting to see what happens, I’ll check my rain totals tomorrow morning.

10. Nathan says:

The gust front is like stalled over me!

3 mile Rd and Fuller ( just east of There) No Rain Yet, Just Starting To Get Windy However, What a Difference a Few Miles Makes….NEED RAIN!!!!! PLEASE!!! Stay Cued….

1. Swatz_Zoo(Cedar Springs) says:

Absolutely nothing!!

12. Nathan says:

It is STILL gusting very fiercely here! I think I’m trapped in an outflow boundary or something?

13. Ray says:

That was a close strike in N.E.G.R.!!!!!

Where in N.E. G.R. Ray ??

14. Tyler in kentwood Mobil says:

We’re getting some nice thunder/lightning and some pretty good rain here

15. Torrential rain here in Byron Center. FINALLY!! As well as a good lightning show as well. Love it! :) the lawn needs it. Its crunchy :0

16. Ray says:

Heavy rain by College and Michigan!

17. Nathan says:

I just heard a crack and a crash… Tumble! The wind is still gusting to 30 MPH

18. cliff(kzoo) says:

get ready for the flood warnings, this is crazy down here. When they talk about getting lots of rain it never materializes but when they talk about a slight chance we get hammered. Gotta love mother nature. Crops are doing great this way, corn is huge and soybeans earlier had deer in them that you could barely see there heads.

19. Ray says:

We do need the rain!

20. Nathan says:

I was not expecting a thunderstorm of this intensity today!

21. mr. negative says:

A quick gust with decent rain. Weak thunder…sounds many miles away. If this is “it”, I will appreciate the rain.

1. mr. negative says:

Quick rain gauge check. 1.10 inches over the past 45 minutes. Rained out…sprinkles remain.

22. cliff(kzoo) says:

penny size hail in scotts if not larger

1. cliff(kzoo) says:

never seen hail that large, crazy loud atleast no wind

23. Yup (Grandville) says:

I was expecting any rain. Night y’all.

24. Dave in Belmont says:

Been windy here for about 15 minutes, just started raining. That line just missed us to the east as it formed.

Finally Some Rain HERE, On Three Mile Rd,N.E. ( next Door 2 The Post Office) , Very LIGHT Though…Beggars can’t Be Choosers …I Guess…..Need More, Please Lord!!! Waiting and Staying CUED!!!! ;-)

26. Mike (Mattawan) says:

Wow… a remote chance of rain turned out to be a WHOPPING amount of MUCH NEEDED rain! some of my neighbors’ yards have some water ponding in the grass… nothing serious but it just goes to show how unpredictable the weather really is! That and the fact that this has to be the best storm (or set of storms) I’ve seen here in probably at least a year [IMO]! Strong winds (sustained pretty well) and lots of lightning and rain! KEEP BRINGING THE STORMS!!!

27. Nathan says:

Story on Woodtv about Visser the basketball coach… He used to coach me when I was little! I would have watched more but I heard a loud crack of thunder and immediately rushed back to the porch :p it is still raining and I think I liked how good 1.5-2 inches of rain? Any nearby reports?

1. cliff(kzoo) says:

where are you at Nathan? had that if not more and looks like it will be raining a while here.

1. Nathan says:

I’m in Forest Hills, so SE Grand Rapids kind of

1. Nathan says:

So not the same place but I am sure many areas did receive a good amount of rain

28. cliff(kzoo) says:

Since are area wont update about looking like fools I can say Detroit area forecast wasn’t to good either talking about the storms not evening making it into southern Michigan. What a JOKE!!!

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

A 10K FT DECK ACROSS WESTERN MICHIGAN AND ABUNDANT DRY AIR IN
    PLACE PROSPECTS DO NOT LOOK GREAT FOR THIS ACTIVITY TO MAKE
    IT…AND IF IT DOES CONFIDENCE IS NOT HIGH THAT ANYTHING BEYOND A
    TRACE WOULD FALL. WITH A STEADY MARCH EAST WILL RESPECT THE RADAR
    REFLECTIVITY AND INTRODUCE SLIGHT CHANCES ACROSS THE WESTERN CWA
    LATE THIS EVENING AND WAIT TO SEE HOW THIS ACTIVITY HOLDS TOGETHER
    BEFORE RAISING POPS MUCH BEYOND THIS IN THE NEAR SHORT TERM.

1. Cort S. says:

That’s what happens when you try to make a predictive extrapolation from an incomplete data set of a chaotic system. Doesn’t always go so well.

29. Barb says:

Glad to see rain down there finally. Does anyone know how much fell so far in SE GR?

Barb, I’m in N.E. G.R., I Got a Steady Lite Rain Now for a Hour or So ( nothing Heavy ), Still Raining… now, My Lawn and Plants are Enjoying It. I Believe S.E. G.R. Got Heavier Rain, and I Think it’s Still Raining Lightly There as Well…..I’m Sure you Lawn and Garden is Getting a NICE REFRESHING DRINK of Water…Hope this Helps ease Your Mind, Have Fun and Be safe in The North Country…I Think That’s Where You are At, If My Memory Serves Me Correctly, Stay Cued, and GOD BLESS YOU……. -:)

1. Barb says:

Thanks, Jack. It does ease my mind.

30. About a half inch fell here in SW Kent County (Byron Center). We needed it thats forsure! Thank god for the rain. Still a chance tomorrow and tuesday! keep it coming please!

31. Yup (Grandville) says:

2.02 inches of rain at my house last night.

32. Swatz_Zoo(Cedar Springs) says:

To all the people who got some kick butt storms and one who got 0 drips of rain, as Jack would say: CUE http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuYvKLZXKhI