Gas Price Hike?

July 24th, 2013 at 11:33 pm by under Bill's Blog, News, Weather

gas prices The latest from Ed:   “I’ve been seeing slowly falling pump prices and slowly rising market prices all week. They are making it likely that a spike will happen tomorrow, with the Spike Line numbers being near -10 cents. I expect it will be back up near $3.80-3.89.”

18 Responses to “Gas Price Hike?”

1. I dumped about $35 into my truck tonight for $3.61/gal in Greenville. Probably should have filled up, but I have bills to pay. Lol.

2. Judy says:

Figures…..just when we’re seeing it come down. Market price shouldn’t be going up with all the oil that the US is producing…..so what’s the excuse-of-the-day? Wish I’d seen this before I got to work as I saw it for $3.68. Guess I need to try to find some E85 around Kzoo…..got some the other day in Holland for only $3.19.

1. Jeff (Richland) says:

E85 is garbage, I would never run that in my truck, and it is a flex fuel. It burns less efficiently so you get worse gas mileage and you have to change your oil twice as often.

3. wackyred-allendale,mi says:

Weekend is coming, people travel. But remember Michigan don’t price gouge!!!!

4. Jeff (Richland) says:

I’m not seeing a price hike today and gas is as low as 3.55 here. I’ll fill up on my way home tonight.

5. Clarence says:

Another thing caused by Bush and all his men. My wife and son even know that, and they don’t know much of anything. Wonder if this has anything to do with trying to stop global warming?

1. Tim (Spring Lake) says:

You are right Clarence, they must not know much of anything. Funny how gas was under $2 when Bush left office. This isn’t caused by Bush 5 years after he left office. It isn’t caused by Obama either. It’s caused by speculators who LOVE to drive the price up for any reason they can think of.

6. Sandi says:

Yadda, yadda, yadda…more game playing at common folk’s expense.

7. Brad says:

Well, it’s not the $7-10 range I’d like to see, but it’s a start.

1. michael g (SE GR) says:

Sounds like what Obama says when the mic’s are off.

That would be a terrible burden on the poor and middle class – on minorities, single mothers trying to get by – and on children. I’m sticking up for the poor and middle class. You are in favor of policies that would destroy jobs and hurt the poor and middle class.

1. Robert(Plainwell) says:

Hey Bill March 2012 warmth caused by natural variability not AGW. Who knew?

2. Brad says:

LOL, the poor and the middle class? Underachievers who are limiting the greatness of the objectivist elite. The only burden Ayn Rand would wish on them is death.

8. Larry says:

Bush? Get over it!! He has been out 4 and a half years. Look who has been in office since. Move on.

9. Spookey says:

@Clarence… blah blah blah. Gas hikes are caused by Ethanol production. Corn which could be used for food goes for gasoline instead, raising the price of all food. Gas is used to create Ethanol. Meanwhile ethanol doesn’t produce the umph/energy that the gas used to create it could have. A big scheme that makes the global warming extremists and fat liberals rich. Meanwhile, poke a hole in the bottom of the ocean and crude pulses out. There is no shortage of gas or crude. Only a shortage of brave men willing to tackle the real issues.

1. Brad Abrams says:

Ethanol is crap. It destroys 2 stroke engines such as weedwackers, leaf blowers, chainsaws, and 2 stroke outboard motors on boats like mine. I bought a chainsaw last year and put less than 10 hours on it and it died. Took it to the shop and they told me it was because I ran gas with ethanol in it. These morons that decided to add ethanol should be shot!

2. Dan says:

Couldn’t agree with you more Spookey! Also, there are politicians involved for their own agenda! Unfortunately, their agendas rarely help the American people!

Checked Gasbuddy, Just Now, Prices are Still Falling ? Nice Job…ED ? ;-)