August Rainfall so far

August 29th, 2013 at 1:26 pm by under Bill's Blog, Weather

Lightning over Lake Michigan by Bob on ReportIt   Lightning over Lake Michigan (from Bob at ReportIt).  August rainfall so far:  1.90″ Grand Rapids, 1.88″ Muskegon, 1.57″ Holland, 0.99″ Fremont, 0.84″ West Olive (north of Holland), 1.24″ Sparta, 1.89″ Big Rapids, 1.81″ Belding, 4.73″ Lansing, 4.75″ Battle Creek, 5.05″ Jackson, 5.18″ Ceresco, 5.38″ Albion, over 6.25″ at both Richland and Oshtemo (both in Kalamazoo Co.), 4.05″ Entrican (Montcalm Co.), 4.08″ Fennville (much more than Holland), 4.15″ Lake City, 4.31″ Three Rivers, 3.64″ Hastings, 3.17″ Clarksville, 2.95″ Watervliet, 2.23″ Hart, 1.95″ Hudsonville.      9″ of rain fell in roughly 24-hours in Tainen, Taiwan (tropical cyclone).

20 Responses to “August Rainfall so far”

1. kevin. w says:

I heard that the longer range 12z gfs model for today didn’t update due to extreme convective feedback and that it may be trying to adjust itself with the Euro model. Due to the GFS have several days of convective feedback issues being to warm in the longer probably.

2. Teresa says:

Hey Bill- what’s your thoughts on rain chances Saturday night in Detroit. Going to the ballgame.

3. kevin. w says:

Hey Bill might want to drop your highs a bit lower for next week according to the new euro run. I also think the GFS model is out of whack.

I’ve been on vacation for the past 6 days…I’m back later today (Friday) so I’ll look things over. My daughter’s family was down today from Trav. City, so I haven’t been watching weather much. I see the overnight Euro. has our 850 temp. at 4.3 next Thurs. AM with surface temps. in the mid-upper 40s and a 555 thickness. The Euro. is shy on rain (only .02″ Sunday and .03″ Weds. night), too shy IMHO.

4. Daniel G says:

FWIW we had just under 2 inches of rain here on Myers Lake northeast of Rockford tuesday nite wednesday morning. Much welcomed and gave the lake a nice rise too.

5. Zach says:

Mesodiscussion for severe potential in the UP http://mesodiscussion.com/view/20131796/

6. Dan says:

Jack! How about the HUGE come from behind win for the Tigers today? WOW! Austin Jackson with a huge home run in the bottom of the 9th and two outs!!! This win was probably the Tiger’s biggest win of the season!!
    I hope Miggy is OK!! The Tigers need to lock up the AL central and BEGIN resting Miggy!!

7. Dan says:

Check that, Torri Hunter hit the home run in the bottom of the 9th, not AJ.

LOVED IT…Dan !!!! :-) . It don’t get NOOOO Beter than THAT, and that’s A FACT….JACK!!!!! Lolol…. Bring on The Indians… SWEEP AGAIN ????? Stay cued……. Beautiful Weather for The Looooooooooooooong Holiday Weekend !!!! ENJOY, stay Safe ALL, and GOD BLESS YA ALL !!!!

8. Dan says:

“You men completed your army training on your own?” “That’s the fact, Jack”
    HHAAARMY Training Sir. Classic Move!

9. Dan says:

I would say this was the biggest win of the Tiger’s season! Cannot forget about Prince he stepped up with his hitting and our bull pen was good!

YUP Dan ….Big Win 2-day !! Hopefully The rest of the Regular Season, we won’t Loose 3 in a Row ! Are U READY for some ……….FOOTBALL?????? Lions ahead in last preseason Game, 28 -3 as I Blog…. I refuse to Bet for, or Against the Lions !! The lions always find A WAY…2, ” Snatch a Lose , from The Jaws of a Victory ” ….. Just Saying…lololololloll… Stay Cued , and Have GRRRRRRREEEEEAAAAATTTTT….Holiday !!

10. Dan says:

How about “Hey You” by BTO for the Tigers!

11. Mindy says:

I wonder what the W E A T H E R was like in Detroit??

HOT n HUMID …..Mindy !!!!

Hot and humid at the Tigers game. The Lions game is indoors and climate controlled.

12. Breckenridge 3.71 Monthly Rain

13. Some of the high res models showing storms for us later this afternoon/evening.