Stable Gas Prices This Week

September 30th, 2013 at 2:31 am by under Bill's Blog, News, Weather

gas prices    The latest from Ed:  “Wholesale and retail prices have drifted lower.  Using Friday’s closing prices, we aren’t even close to a price hike, and I suspect that the hijinks in Washington will lead to lower prices across the board this week.  So, the prediction is no price hike this week (subject to change, or course). –Ed Aboufadel

22 Responses to “Stable Gas Prices This Week”

Gas is cheaper in Traverse City than it is down here.

2. Visited my Parents in St Johns yesterday. Filled up at $3.17 Been cheaper there for quite a few weeks now!! Worker at the Station said they are having a GAS WAR!!! I vaguely remember!! I think it was back in the mid 1960′s when everyone was having the so called GAS WARS!!

Yup I Remember Mindy !! Gas Wars – I Remember JFK
      The fact is that with the much more stable prices of crude oil and gasoline in the 1960′s, gas station owners were able to have gas wars amongst each other that …
      Ahhh The ” Good Ole Days”, stay CUED…. ;-)

3. Zach says:

New tropical storm in the atlantic as of the 11am update

1. Cliff(Scotts) says:

Moving east? 500 miles from coast?

1. Cort S. says:

Doing an anticyclonic loop right now. Those are always fun.

Off Topic: Re::: Partial GOV. Shutdown !??? I could give a WANG, DANG, DOODLE!!!!! CUE, KoKO Taylor HERE:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w6IY0v-0pA. :-)

We’ve had 17 government shutdowns. Does anyone remember any of them?

1. Cliff(Scotts) says:

I do Bill, I was in Afghanistan in 2011 being told we won’t be getting paid. Hard to be on the other side of the world knowing you have bills back home to pay.

Maybe the Republicans should let it go, but force all government employees into the exchanges with no subsidies for Congressmen/women. Do you believe that could work?

2. Cliff(Scotts) says:

No that makes to much sense!!!

Yes, I remember The Shut- Downs Bill. Do really Think that Dems. & Unions Would Accept That Proposal ? My Question IS ” If Obama Care is So Wonderful , Why Don’t DEMS. & Unions want It For Themselves ” ?? Have They Even Read IT ? We all Know Nancy Pelosi Has NOT !! Who I feel The Sorriest For, are OUR VETS and Their Family’s ! Let’s Fire all Politicians and START OVER from Scratch !!! They Have Forgotten They WORK For Us, Not a Political Party !!! Amen, and stay CUED…. ;-)

Nice Jack. Well said. ” We have to pass the bill to see whats in it”. What a joke!

2. Jo Anne says:

Amen! I agree with firing all politicians and starting over!

Thanks, Bill, Brian, and Jo Anne !! This Old Tune was Used in a Different Context Years Ago !! I Think It Fits TODAY As Well !!! CUE, Jefferson Airplane !!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SboRijhWFDU. ;-)

4. Mike (Mattawan) says:

5. Irish coffee says:

Sadly, our country has turned into Gov’t FOR the powerful, OF the powerful, BY the POWERFUL…a la BI-PARTISAN PLAN!!;(

3. Scott Powell says:

Sure, I remember hearing about them, but never been affected. I agree with the tactic being used here. Forcing a vote on portions of the budget makes good sense as it forces the lawmakers to go on records for specific items. Keeps them from coming back later and saying, “I had to vote for it to get A and B, even though I didn’t like the fact that X was in it.” Pass things one at a time.

And gas is still $3.179 in St. John’s!!!

5. Brian (Grandville) says:

Saw gas @ 3.14 on Alpine Ave earlier.

6. Nick says:

How did this go from a gs price topic to GOP topic? Someone has to say it’ll go up since every time Ed says price goes down or stay the same it doesn’t let’s get back in topic folks!!!