Showers Saturday Evening

October 11th, 2013 at 11:35 pm by under Bill's Blog, Weather

day2otlk_sm   We are in the (green) General Thunderstorm Outlook from the Storm Prediction Center for late Saturday and Saturday Night.  We’re not anticipating severe weather (there were no severe weather reports in the U.S. on Friday, as of 11:30 PM), but showers and a few embedded thunderstorms look likely ahead of a cool front that will pass thru Saturday night.  That will turn us a little cooler…from highs in the low-mid 70s this Saturday to the low-mid 60s on Sunday (average high is now 62.   Showers and even cooler weather is expected for the midweek into next weekend.  Click the graphic to enlarge.

Check out the pic. of the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) from Brad Reed at Ludington St. Park the night of Oct. 8-9.

For you weather geeks…here’s the PNA, NAO and AO.  The index values are bouncing around (not unusual in mid-October).  We’re certainly looking for cooler air to move in for next week, but nothing drastically cold for this time of year.   The night run of the NAM (caribou) has a high of 77 today (Sat.) with 0.06″ of rain falling from 7 PM to midnight, the partly sunny and 64 on Sunday, mid 30s early Monday and low 60s Monday PM.

15 Responses to “Showers Saturday Evening”

1. Sue Matteson says:

“Click the graphic to enlarge” when I clicked on it, it moves to the corner of the screen but does not enlarge. fyi

2. Barry in Zeeland says:

Awesome day again today! Yard cleaned up, apples picked up, cars washed, almost 80 degrees, and the kids are STILL in the pool today. Hard to believe it’s mid-October. Even harder to believe the trolls that have been calling for cold and snow since late August. Keep this weather rolling right into 2014!

Agree !!!! 100 percent !!!!!

Picture perfect day, for sure.

3. Travis (Oakland County) says:

The winter nuts are going crazy! You still have your pool open?! Smart move. Jealous.

1. Barry in Zeeland says:

Yeah, I was kind of slacking off in September when we usually close it up. However, this fall it is getting a ton of use. Seems like we’ve had 4 or 5 weeks in a row now of perfect weather with almost 100% sunshine about every day.

3. Travis (Oakland County) says:

Wow, perfect day with not a cloud in sight. Warm too. 76 here already. Average high only 62 degrees.

Looks very mild well into next week now. The cold is having a hard time moving east.

Go Tigers!

I’m seeing mid 60′s, going down to low 50′s by the end of the week. I guess that just doesn’t seem very mild to me.

1. Travis (Oakland County) says:

According to WXYZ, I don’t fall down into the upper 50′s til Friday now – with another run at 70 for Tuesday.

A lot warmer than the forecasts a few days ago.

But, yes, the transition is still coming.

This stretch of weather has been amazing. I wish it would continue, but winter will arrive soon enough just as it does every year.

4. Vincent(N.E.Kent CO) says:

Perfect day. I stacked a cord of wood in my garage getting ready for the cold months. Darn lady bugs though. Swarming all over my place. Looks like some showers will be moving thru in awhile. Hope it’s dry tomorrow as I want to cut another cord of fire wood up. Go Tigers!! I bet they win it in 5 games.

5. Jerry hoag says:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it sure was an amazing day today!! GOD blessed us all with very beautiful warm weather!!! Now reality is about to kick in. I think. First comes the 60′s. Then the 50′s. Then even a 40′s??? Ahhhhhhh the transition time of year……but look at it this way too. In about 3 months to 4 we will be heaading into warming days of Spring Time Air!!! So see a light at the end of this tunnel!!!

6. Jerry hoag says:

So Bill, What do you think about my above comment???????? True or False????

Temps. trend downward this week, but the average high is now in the low 60s and dropping at the rate of about one degree every 2 days. Fall is going to fall upon us.