Some good news

October 23rd, 2013 at 3:30 am by under Bill's Blog, News, Weather

gas prices   From Patrick DeHaan, our fav. gas buddy:  “$2.99 soon at a station or two in GR? Quite possibly in the next couple weeks!”

15 Responses to “Some good news”

1. Skot says:

Ya know gang?….No real answer to this. Today I heard per barrel oil went under for first time in months, so !!! I have seen oil down and price up, and vise versa, hurricanes, typhoons, possible war in the 80′s and 90′s and prices never fluctuated this much. NEVER. Short but sweet…….but I suspect greed.

Woho! It has been a while.

3. Don’t count your Chickie’s before they hatch!! SPECULATORS will kill the price drop to $2.99!!!!

4. Cliff(Scotts) says:

It could be a Christmas Miracle!!!

5. Judy says:

I’ve noticed that whenever he says gas is going to go down, it goes up instead. So I’m not holding my breath.

1. Tim (Spring Lake) says:

With all due respect Patrick, we had prices in Spring Lake, somewhat recently, around the $3 mark. After the typical sudden local refinery issues, prices rose to $3.49, and then $3.59. It seems as though whenever our prices get lower than the national average, the local refineries always have some sort of problem that causes our prices to rise significantly again.
        Until that pattern ends, I will always have a hard time believing the predicted price relief will last very long.

1. Tim (Spring Lake) says:

And this happens the day of my post:
          Expect local prices to stay higher again.

2. Patrick DeHaan says:

Tim, thanks for the response- your prices in Spring Lake- I believe fell to $3.05, stations were already losing money. Then the next day, wholesale prices rose, leading to the hike. Here’s where you’re correct- prices will keep see-sawing as far as I can see- and you’re right it may not last long, but I didn’t claim it’d “last long”, I just said that prices may get that low. I agree, it may not last long, but at least prices should stay in the low $3′s for a while. And we’re also watching that refinery fire, which yes, is having an impact.

6. Patrick DeHaan says:

Judy, that story aired Dec 14. Here’s one two days before:

7. Travis Ulberg (West of Martin, Allegan County) says:

We saw gas for $2.85 in northern Ohio way back on June 27th, but there was a huge line at that station. We had to fill up for $2.99 at a station down the road. Gas was about 40 cents higher at home at the same time.

I used a .50 off voucher from family fare today for spending $75 in groceries a week ago. I ended up paying 2.79 a gallon :)