Possible Gas Hike

November 12th, 2013 at 4:15 am by under Bill's Blog, News, Weather

gas prices  The latest from Ed:  “Comment on the October 28 prediction:  A perfectly CORRECT prediction, as prices rose the next day to $3.45.

Monday, November 11, 2013, 6:30PM:  It has been a lovely run the past few weeks, and while I hoped we would see $2.999 in Grand Rapids this week, the latest numbers suggest otherwise.  With jumps in wholesale prices the past few days, I’m calculating a cost to retailers of about $3.08 a gallon.  The cheapest gas in the Grand Rapids area is even less, at $3.05 in Sparta, and that’s our trigger for a price hike.  I’m expecting a jump tomorrow or Wednesday, back to the neighborhood of $3.45. –Ed Aboufadel

19 Responses to “Possible Gas Hike”

Boooo! We were getting so close to the $3 mark. $3.12 here now.

2. kevin. w says:

sure why not they don’t care for us.

FORECAST UNCERTAINTY INCREASES TO AN EXTREME LEVEL FOR THE WEEKEND
    WITH THE SPLIT FLOW OVER NORTH AMERICA GOING FOR A WILD RIDE IN 3 TO
    4 DAYS. REGARDLESS OF WHAT ENDS UP VERIFYING LOCALLY…INTER-INTRA
    MODEL EVOLUTION WILL BE FUN TO WATCH.

Most NWS offices are saying this about the pattern starting this weekend and next week. The northern Wisconsin NWS is thinking they may get a good dump of heavy snow next week with the possibility of another snow event toward the end of next week with cold air coming down across the arctic.

YEAA Kevin don’t for get the cold we are only going to be in the 20′s next week!!! Black Friday looks very cold and snowy around here!! INDYY

Pretty darned cold out for mid-November. Might dip into the upper teens tonight.

Lots of low and mid teens in Wisconsin this AM.

Thank you, Lake Michigan.

2. yooper4021 says:

Wind chills still holding in single digits at several U.P. locations. (2 degrees at Ironwood at 8am, up to a balmy 4 degrees at 11am)

5. scott says:

why not raise gas prices , these low gas prices are cutting into there 1000′s of dollars a day profit go speedway , oil speculators do it to us again

You know with turkey day and Christmas coming the price of gas just had to go up!!!! How else could the big oil CEO’s buy their kids their Christmas gifts and give themselves their big year end bonuses and still make a 150% profit.

1. Rad (Jenison/Hudsonville) says:

Damn Crooks!

7. Todd In Nunica says:

Was 2.99 in Spring lake yesterday. (Monday)

R.I.P. Tomato plant. Yes I knew it was coming but it still was quite the shock but late yesterday afternoon some time my last tomato plant finally passed on. Hypothermia seems to be the cause of death. With clear skies I had a low of 22° here last night and now with sun and a few clouds it now up to 26° I should also note that the two trees that still had a lot of their leaves on them are now losing their leaves at a very rapid pace. So now with the first hard freeze past us we can now slowly fall into winter. But what kind of winter will we have ???? Some blogers seem to want to think it will be a cold and snowy one (not sure why they think that) until proven other wise my take is to go with the averages and that means a near average winter (until it trends one way or the other)

9. linda johnson says:

CNN reported this morning that gas prices will continue to drop thru December.

I lucked out. Just hit Meijer at $3.14 right before it jumped to $3.35. It’s the small victories.

My car Don’t Use No GAS, Right Now. The Silver Beater is Broken Down AGAIN!! Stay Cued…. :-( . ;-) . :-)

12. Red in Allegan Co. says:

I just filled up in downtown Allegan for 3.06 at the VE. The Shell station across the street was already up to 3.36.

13. I filled up for $3.04 last night. Was very pleased that I decided not to wait a day. Woohoo! :D

14. Jo Anne says:

Weather is a month ahead!

15. Vincent(N.E.Kent CO) says:

Filled up in the big town of Belding as I passed thru for $2.99.