Radar and Useful Links

November 17th, 2013 at 12:08 am by under Bill's Blog, News, Weather

Local  Keep checking back to this thread for these links:  Grand Rapids radarNorthern Indiana radar, Chicago radar, Detroit radar and Milwaukee radar. Here’s the College of DuPage Radar Map (pick any radar in the U.S.), College of DuPage Grand Rapids radar, the West Michigan Lightning Tracker, National Lightning Tracker, the local warning/advisory map and the National warning/watch/advisory map, and a surface weather map. You can checkout the latest Grand Rapids NWS discussion, the Northern Indiana NWS discussion (includes the Michigan Counties that border Indiana), the discussion for Northern Lower Michigan, and Eastern Lower Michigan. Check out Storm Total Rainfall (until they reset it). Here’s the Spyglass Condos Weather Station the S. Haven GLERL station, the Muskegon GLERL station, the Grand Haven Steelheaders webcam and weather station, and the weather station at Holland State Park. Check out the Maranatha Webcam at Lake Michigan and links to webcams. Here’s the infrared satellite loop (night) and the visible satellite loop (daytime), Lake Michigan water temperatures (summer). Here’s storm reports from SW Michigan, Northern Michigan, NE Illinois, SE. Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and E. Michigan.  Check out the wind and wave height at the South Mid-Lake Michigan Buoy, the North Mid-Lake Michigan Buoy, the buoy at Big Sable Point near Ludington, the weather station at Manistee Harbor and the weather station on the beach at St. Joseph.  Here’s Michigan wind gusts from MesoWest, data from the MAWN agriculutural weather stations and Weather Underground (data at the bottom from private weather stations.

Check out Regional radar to see the rain across the Great Lakes. Here’s current watches and current mesodiscussions from the Storm Prediction Center  Here’s National Storm Reports for today and yesterday. Here’s a live pic. of the beach at Grand Haven.

From the GRR NWS Sat. afternoon discussion:  “ENHANCED  WIND DAMAGE WILL BE POSSIBLE WITH THIS LINEAR ACTIVITY GIVEN THE  WIND FIELDS IN PLACE.  GUSTS OVER 70 MPH WILL CERTAINLY BE POSSIBLE.  TORNADOES CANNOT BE RULED OUT GIVEN STRONG LOW LEVEL HELICITY  VALUES.  0-1KM SRH EXCEEDS 300 M2/S2 OVER THE ENTIRE CWA SUNDAY  AFTERNOON. TORNADO THREAT EXISTS REALLY WITH BOTH THE CELLULAR  MORNING ACTIVITY AND EMBEDDED IN THE SQUALL LINE. A HEIGHTENED  AWARENESS WILL BE NEEDED GIVEN THE PARAMETERS COMING TOGETHER ON  SUNDAY.”

110 Responses to “Radar and Useful Links”

1. gustavo says:

It’s starting to get real dark here in Holland.

2. Rob( Norton Shores) says:

My animals are going crazy!

3. FDM(Cedar Springs) says:

OOOOOMMMMMGGGGGGG my kids are absolutely OFF THE WALL HYPER something is a brewing!!!! My Yard Of Ducks/Geese are the same, we are going out to get gas and gas up our generator, get a few supplies, batteries, food, ect. Stay Safe everyone, THANK YOU to the storm chasers who go out and risk their lives to keep all of us better informed, and educated for our well being to keep us safe. We love you, be careful, stay safe!!

1. Stephen(NorthMuskegon) says:

Why did you change your name from Swatz to FDM?..

1. Ray says:

Maybe he’s a federal witness?

1. FDM(Cedar Springs) says:

*SHE* Ray ;-) My computer had to be repaired and all my cookies were removed so I had to sign up again, and well it’s shorter and I have a well, believe it or not a special needs call duck with neurological issues, she is off balanced and tumbles and flips onto her back where her web feet point up in the air and she can’t get herself upright so I have to go out and put her back onto her feet, and when the weather starts changing she becomes severely unbalance depending on the strength of the storm system, when she flips about 3-5x in a day I know something is brewing when she flips onto her back 5-10x a day something BIG is brewing, and over a week now she’s been very flippy. So, I’ve decided to just have a little fun with my name and my duck, so when you see me refer to my FDM and how much her WEB casts our increasing, that means she’s flipping a lot and something big is coming. So, FDM means “Flipping Duck Model.” ;-) She’s been pretty close to being 100% accurate all the time. LOL, wish there was a way to post a picture here of her. It’s pathetic but hilarious at the same time seeing a small duck on it’s back with it’s feet up in the air like a turtle stuck on it’s back. Like I said, I’m just having fun with it, but I am serious about her sensing neurologically the storm systems, it’s like severe vertigo.

2. Lisa (Caledonia) says:

Flipping Duck Model! Ha ha!

My ducks and chickens were cowering in their coop this afternoon. I haven’t seen any wild birds whatsoever. I closed up the coop because I don’t want wind getting in there and causing damage or moving the barn off the foundation.

2. ~Sherry~ (Comstock Park) says:

It will be an interesting day!! I will try to keep up as best I can as I work later. This sounds like it bears watching very closely!!

1. Stephen(NorthMuskegon) says:

Can you post the latest run of the HRR?
      THanks!

1. Stephen(NorthMuskegon) says:

Thank you very much!

4. Ray says:

Tornado watch just issued for southern Lk Mich and points south.

1. Jesse says:

PDS watch too…

1. Ray says:

The sun is out in Chicago right now and that should really help destabilize the air mass.

5. Stephen(NorthMuskegon) says: