Monday

December 16th, 2013 at 12:42 am by under Bill's Blog, Weather

I’m writing from a motel in Aurora, Illinois.  We drove down yesterday to see Daughter #1, drop off a couple of Christmas presents and hear the Fox Valley Orchestra (daughter #1′s sig. other is a lead cello player).  They performed their annual Christmas/Holiday concert.   The auditorium was about 95% full, a good turnout.  Then we had dinner at Two Brother’s Roundhouse (lots of trains and train memorabilia around here).  We leave this morning to drive to Tennessee to see my mother for a few days.  I’ll try and post once a day.  On the way down we saw no fewer than 8 flocks of geese, all heading south.  One flock must have had 100 geese.  It’s cold here.  I had 15 on the car thermometer when we pulled into Aurora.   We did see one car that spun off into the median on I-196.   It looks like the Sunday snow was about as expected.  I went 1-3″.  Here’s the NWS totals.

8 Responses to “Monday”

1. Bald Eagle (Montague) says:

Snowing big flakes right now! Brushed about an inch of my car that we got last night since I went to bed. Have a great trip! Be safe!

2. Treasure Hunter says:

Safe travels! Hope you and your family have a well deserved respite from the snow and cold. Bring back some sunshine and slightly warmer temps for a day or two upon your return… (just enough to melt the snow on top of the lakes so the ice can freeze more quickly!) Love the added links on the website showing all the wind, water, and temperature information. Great job as always.

Merry Christmas and God Bless you and your family.

+ 2….& ……AMEN !! Praying for a Safe and Relaxing Time For You and Family Bill !!! ;-)

3. Dan says:

Enjoy your vacation Bill! Safe Travels and thanks for bringing us a GREAT start to Winter!! Keep the snow train a rolling. Although, I am a bit concerned about the freezing rain potential for Thursday/Friday.
    Thanks again Bill!

4. Wacky Red ( Allendale ) says:

Have a safe trip and enjoy.

5. Nancy says:

You are a very dedicated person to your profession….emailing us from a hotel when really being on “vacation time”. We are blessed to have you as our weather leader here in West Michigan. Safe travels.

6. Sandy says:

have a wonderful time…. could use a little warmth if you could bring that back… at least the mid 30′s would be fine… With the full moon last night the deer are moving and crossing the roads…. Enjoy your time off….