Snow and Colder

January 13th, 2014 at 4:14 pm by under Bill's Blog, Weather

advisory    10:15 pm – The first two models out this evening are farther north with the snow.  with the heavier snow from the advisory area north.  Show should start mid-late morning by at the Lake Michigan shore and move east during the midday/afternoon.

After a four-day thaw with temps. around 40, winter is coming back with snow and colder air.  A Winter Weather Advisory has been issued  for Oceana, Newaygo, Mecosta and Isabella Counties to the north for 4-6″ of new snow.  The Advisory will be in effect from 1 PM tomorrow until 1 pm Wednesday.  Look for 1-3″ of snow south of Kent County…maybe 3-4″ for G.R.  The more significant snow looks like it’ll be from Saugatuck to Saginaw northward…so we’ll get a decent shot of snow in Ottawa, Muskegon, Kent and Montcalm Counties.  Roads will be snow-covered and slippery.  If you have driving to do/errands to run…plan on doing them early tomorrow if you can…or late on Weds.   We’ll get snow showers Weds. in the colder air…another 1-3″ possible on Thurs. with snow showers and at least light accums. in the cold air Friday and Saturday, when daytime temps. may only be around 15-20.  Next weekend will be a much better weekend for winter sports.  Watch Kyle and I on the news tonight for the latest.

Thanks to Grady for this video of the strong winds in MT/WY yesterday…the high winds may have caused a train derailmentMore wind damageUS 93 in Idaho was closed by an avalanche.

204 Responses to “Snow and Colder”

1. WswPlz says:

I hope your weather rock can’t be found Todd, because then you will know it snowed a good amount. :) . Here’s to snow and roads to be plowed.

Speakig of a Rock , Here is the lyrics to a OLD Ozark Moutian Dare Devils Tune, Called Standing on The Rock !!! Ozark Mountain Daredevils
      The ‘Quilt’ Album
      Standing On The Rock
      (GUITAR INTRO)
      I been standin’ on the rock, waitin’ for the wind to blow
      I been standin’ on the rock, waitin’ for the wind to blow
      I been standin’ on the rock, waitin’ for my seeds to grow

I been walkin’ on the ground, waitin’ for the guns to quit
      I been walkin’ on the ground, waitin’ for the guns to quit
      I been walkin’ on the ground, waitin’ for the pieces to fit
      HARP SOLO (1 Harp)
      HARP SOLO (2 Harps)
      HARP SOLO (3 Harps)

better get back to the country, look around and find you ahome
      better get back to the country, look around and find you ahome
      better get back to the country, that’s where we all come from

I been standin’ on the rock, waitin’ for the wind to blow
      I been standin’ on the rock, waitin’ for the wind to blow
      I been standin’ on the rock, waitin’ for my seeds to grow(whew!)
      I been standin’ on the rock, waitin’ for my seeds to grow
      I been standin’ on the rock, waitin’ for my seeds to grow

1. WswPlz says:

I been standin on my rock, waitin for it to snow

I been standin on my rock waitin for it to snow

Oh plz snow…

1. WswPlz says:

Que: WWsolo..

Spin This it FITS WswPLZ. :::::: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTBv4kAdk_w. Stay cued. ! ;-)

3. WswPlz says:

R.E.O S.W.=. + 1

2. jerry hoag says:

Jack…Keep these good ole tunes a rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. jerry hoag says:

Jack…How about this…….On top of Spaghetti,,,all covered with cheese..I lost my poor meatball, when somebody sneezed….It rolled off the table and onto the floor, and then my poor meatball rolled right out the door!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Todd In Nunica says:

lol

2. jerry hoag says:

Jack…How about this…….On top of Spaghetti,,,all covered with cheese..I lost my poor meatball, when somebody sneezed….It rolled off the table and onto the floor, and then my poor meatball rolled right out the front door!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. jerry hoag says:

Jack thanks!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way how is the wife??

Snoring Right Now so I Guess she is Pain Free for The Moment !! More ” MEDS” for Me…..stay cued for a taste of WINTER..again !! ;-)

2. jerry hoag says:

PARTY TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. TomKap (Michigan St. & Fuller) Grand Rapids says:

This is too funny. As of two hours ago, The Weather Channel is off DirecTV because they wanted more money because they are a ‘critical service to America’ in times of need. They have set up a website to ‘write your congressman demanding they be put back on.’
    DirecTV claims the channel is 40% ‘reality junk’.
    Take a minute and read this. Idiots being money hungry idiots:

1. jerry hoag says:

Tom, Yeah I heard about this and read on this. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!! Money Hungry funtimes at its finest!!!!!

1. TomKap (Michigan St. & Fuller) Grand Rapids says:

They’re all crazy.

I’m going to re-post this on the new thread Bill just started, or no one will see it.