Michigan: 100% Thick Snowcover

February 24th, 2014 at 2:24 pm by under Bill's Blog, Weather

nohrsc michigan    nohrsc Click on the images to enlarge. The first map of of snowcover over the Western Great Lakes shows a 99% snowcover (just a little area with no snow cover in the bottom left and bottom right) and the National Snow Analysis says that in the area covered by this map, there is an AVERAGE snowcover of 20.3″. That’s a LOT of snow. The water equivalent of the snowcover on this map is 4.5″. That’s a lot of stored water that could contribute to significant flooding if it were all to melt relatively quickly. National snow cover (Lower 48 states) is at 36.2%. This week there will be snowcover added to much of Missouri and the Ohio Valley. Snowcover in our area: 17″ Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids and East Grand Rapids, 18″ Fremont, 19″ Muskegon and Holland, 20″ Rockford, 16″ Reed City, 15″ Grand Ledge, 13″ Hart, Hopkins and Hastings (hmmm…they all start with the letter “H”), 12″ Lansing, 10″ Alma and 9″ Brooklyn (Jackson Co.). Other snowcover reports in MI: 21″ Houghton Lake, 24″ Traverse City (Munson), 26″ Sault Ste. Marie, 28″ Charlevoix, 32″ E.Jordan and Newberry, 34″ Marquette Airport, 42″ Grand Marais, 51″ Mohawk (Keewenaw Peninsula). Delaware reports 52″ on the ground with a season total of 271.5″ (headed over 300″!). Here’s the snowman camera from Krupp’s Resort in the U.P., showing around 4 feet of snow on the ground.

The pattern continues to look cold thru the first two weeks of March relative to average (average highs are upper 30s at the end of Feb., 40 on March 5th to low 50s by the end of March.  The morning run of the GFS has below zero temperatures in G.R. Friday AM and next Sunday AM.  The first 32 on the GFS-plot is 3/8.  The European long-range still has temps. a little colder than average for the week of March 17-23.   BTW, Daytona had 0.98″ of rain on Sunday – it took awhile to get the 500 race to the finish.  Dustin FL had 3.16″, Pensacola 2.95″.  Looks like the W. Coast gets some much needed rain on and off for about 4 days…then back to the dry pattern.

128 Responses to “Michigan: 100% Thick Snowcover”

1. BlueRooster (NE GR) says:

Hope it hits 50 by the end of March so we can get on with spring! Can’t wait to fish off the end of the dock with my boy! The snow pack is so hard now that it is like climbing Mt. Everest from the sidewalk to my car parked in the street!

Still Snowing!! INDYY!!

Imagine that! Who knew?

WHO KNEW……CUE:::: The Who – Who Are You – YouTube
        ► 4:57► 4:57
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufuNr1GBYI. Heee,heee……stay Cuedddddddd…. ;-)

A legendary ROCK n ROLL group! Keep it coming baby!

Keep the facts rolling about the COLD and SNOW Bill! The Siberian Express is about ready to ROCK GR! Get ready people!

I am still taking all bets at 1000 to 1 odds if anyone still thinks that GR will not see over 107 inches of SNOW this season! Any takers?

5. Ryan (Rockford) says:

Bill, I traveled to the Flint area and returned yesterday afternoon. Open areas that face south in Flint and along M-57 through roughly Greenville (coming from the east) have quite a few bare spots with grass showing. Some of these spots are larger than others. Even where there is snow in these sun-exposed areas, there appears to be substantially less than the other side of the street (and much of the greater GR area). My question is how does this come into play when measuring official snowcover? Are the numbers derived from one specific location, or do they take several readings in a given area and take the average? It makes me curious, because I see the 10″ reading in Alma and know that much of southern Gratiot County has a thin layer of snow and/or open spots. Thanks!

The measurements are in a single location. There has been a lot of drifting, so it’s not easy to measure.

6. Travis Ulberg (West of Martin, Allegan County) says:

The GRR NWS just posted an updated graphic for tonight on Facebook. It says an uptick in lake effect for I-94 and north and US-131and west for tonight with 2-4″ of accumulation expected. Also I dont know where the Hopkins snow depth is measured at, but it seems way low. The only way it could be that low is if they measure the snow depth in an open area. That area is very prone to strong winds in the open fields. I bet the wooded areas near Hopkins have 20+” for a snow depth.

1. Jim S (Saugatuck Twp) says:

Is it a SW flow event? If so, I would expect Ottawa/Muskegon to get hit the hardest. I usually miss the brunt of those.

1. Travis Ulberg (West of Martin, Allegan County) says:

West winds. So basically a widespread 2-4″ along west of 131.

2. Jim S (Saugatuck Twp) says:

Winter weather advisories going up for the lakeshore. Borderline event.

1. Travis Ulberg (West of Martin, Allegan County) says:

Probably for winds? 2-4″ of lake effect is a nonevent during late February in this type of a winter. Unless they have a feeling that 2-4″ is on the light side, and issued a WWA for some insurance?

2. Craig (Holland North Sider) says:

So basically just like almost every other day this winter?

7. yooper4021 says:

WWA for lakeshore counties starting at Midnight. Let the debate begin!

Cue the school closings discussion….

LOL!

2. yooper4021 says:

You had to say the “s” and “c” words, didn’t you??

I love the NWS afternoon update. They are talking about lake effect, lake enhanced and clipper SNOWS ALL WEEK! Just a few days ago everyone was trying to tell me we had a dry week coming up and the lake was too frozen and too cold to produce lake effect! Ya right think again! Bring it!

It looks like another seasonal week of temperatures for Oakland County and in Flint!Put this forecast in your pipe and smoke it Travis! COLD and SNOW till April! Who knew?

That alias from Zeeland probably still knew.

Now that is funny :)

Indeed he did (if he knew who is, that is)

10. yooper4021 says:

Interesting map on current snow depths in Midwest, and how it’s changed over the last week (with the rain/brief thaw).

Now just sit back and watch and enjoy as the snow pack increases over the next two to three weeks! INCREDIBLE!

The BEST WINTER EVER just keeps giving and giving and giving!

12. Jim S (Saugatuck Twp) says:

NWS predicting more snow than I expected. 1-2″ tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow night, 1″ on Wed, 1-3″ Wed night. Winds up to 40mph Wed night. If all that came together, it would make for an ugly week of travel.

1. yooper4021 says:

I’m tired of ugly weeks of travel. I can’t remember a winter where so many events have been postponed/cancelled due to weather.

2. John (Norton Shores) says:

If those winds panned out, there could be some good blowing and drifting.

13. Michael G (se GR) says:

NWS (never accused of having a cold bias to my knowledge) has highs for the last 3 days of February and first 2 days of March of 12,11,14,15,14 for my point. Unbelievable!

Bring it and keep it coming right thru March!

All of which would be top 3, some record, low maximum temperatures.

STILL SNOWING!! IBNDYY!!

15. Cort S. says:

I don’t want to hear anybody tell me what the Farmer’s Almanac predicts ever again. It’s the horoscope of weather.

1. John (Norton Shores) says:

I’m trying to picture how the Great Lakes would be the only mild place and surrounded by cooler weather elsewhere, I wouldn’t mind a warmer spring though also trying to picture how we would have a dry spring after this very moist winter?

2. Jim in Delton says:

very funny…I have lived through the harshest winters in the 1970′s, and I deem this winter to be the worst in my 48 year history….excessive cold, excellent snow, but the human impact has been too high with fatal accidents and building collapses!

3. Wswplz says:

The best part is too the west, talk about a big miss in Ca, can you say drought and most definitely not wet.

16. Travis Ulberg (West of Martin, Allegan County) says:

150″ seasonal snowfall by this time next week for some snowbelt locales? The GRR NWS seems to think we have the chance to get enough snow for that to happen. I’m only 16.4″ away from 150″, and I’m sure there are places that are already at/over 140″.

1. Jill says:

I believe Holland’s season snowfall is 141 inches. I wish I could find out what our top record years are (year and amount).

1. Keith S says:

Jill, I wondered the same thing, so I downloaded seasonal data from the National Climatic Data Center back to the 30′s, but it in a Google Spreadsheet, wrote a script to total seasonal snow falls and list out the top ten. Here it is:

I did it for Grand Rapids as well and it was very close to a top ten list Bill posted on WOOD TV recently, so I believe that my results are fairly accurate. Looks like we Hollanders are now in the 2nd snowiest season since the 1930′s!!

2. Tom (North Holland) says:

I believe the unofficial record is 159″ set some time in the 50′s or 60′s. The problem is there are no consistent snow records kept, that’s why it’s “unofficial”.

17. Nathan (Forest Hills) says:

How is there a winter weather advisory for 2-4 inches of snow? I thought that by this time of the year it is difficult to get advisories.

1. John (Norton Shores) says:

Mainly for the morning commute tomorrow morning, we really could have actually dealt without the advisory but the snow is coming just in tomorrow for the morning commute.

1. Cort S. says:

They also mention considerably reduced visibilities at times.

2. Nathan (Forest Hills) says:

Yup that is true and I agree that they should make people aware about the situation. However Im not expecting any huge impact, just a slower commute.

I think they’re just covering their tail. Then again if the highlighted areas do not get 2-4″, or more thsn that, we’ll hear all about it.

1. Wswplz says:

Don’t you think it’s a bit funny that no matter what they do, they can’t win with the blog. Lol

1. Cort S. says:

I think of all the events they’ve been criticized for not upgrading their headlines for a combination of locally heavy snow, bad visibilities, and bad roads during rush hour… and now that actually they do that, the blog questions whether they should.

That’s fine, we all have opinions, and that’s what makes the blog fun. Just remember, if you want to do armchair forecasting, that rarely can you put the atmosphere and its impacts into neat and tidy boxes and categories that satisfy everyone.

2. Wswplz says:

I personally think they do a great job, I’m surprised at how often they get things nailed down the wat they do, it’s really pretty amazing..

3. Wswplz says:

So how’s things in SLC Cort..? Looks like a little weather to your north in spud country, but what about in your neck of the woods.?

4. Cort S. says:

Well, today I hit 61 degrees for the 4th time in 2 weeks. We’re in record or near-record territory. Compare my February temperatures to your February temperatures:

Pretty quiet weather the past several days. Once we get these weather systems in the eastern Pacific to start cutting under that Alaskan anticyclone, we’ll transition to active weather later this week into next week. Looks like rain for the valleys and tons of snow for the higher mountains. Finally, southern California will actually get precipitation.

5. Wswplz says:

Yes one could almost just flip the bars upside down with your observed temps on that graph and you would have our temps. Near records for us but only south with the mercury, especially mid to late this week.

18. Wswplz says:

Imagine that a headline event, who was saying that would be a strong possibility this week? Who knew…lol.

1. Wswplz says:

Wswplz says:
      February 23, 2014 at 1:48 pm
      As a few people have hinted to with regards to possible lake effect, and now that some of the unknowns about what the wind / warm weather has done to much of the ice cover on our lake coupled with some warmer water now at the surface I think we have a really good chance of seeing a headline event if not this week, then soon. IMHO I’ve seen similar scenarios play out earlier in the year, as they pertain to a seemingly quite period / little lake effect accumulation in the forecast only to be surprised by more snow then expected. With this said I’m aware for this to happen a few things would need to tilt in our favor: uptick in the DGZ, temps this week to be more closely to that of the GFS, and of course favorable winds. All in all I think we may just be in for a surprise this week from the good old rebuilt snow machine.

I had to post it, sorry…

+ one trillion!

>>>>Breaking Weather News>>>> We have a good clipper heading this way for Friday night/Saturday and the storm for next week will be tracking farther North than the current models are showing. Get Ready GR – we have more COLD and SNOW coming!

20. Wayne (South of GR) says:

Bill, what is the all-time deepest snow depth ever recorded in Michigan.
    I thought I heard it was 76 inches.

Michigan Weather Records:

Snowiest place: Delaware, averages 241.5″ per winter

Most snow in a single storm: 46.1″, Calumet, January 15-20, 1950

Most snow in one month: 129.3″ at Delaware, December 1989

Most snow in one winter: 391.9″ at Delaware, 1978-1979

Greatest depth of snow on ground: 80″ at Marquette Airport, February 16, 1971.

Bill, do you or anyone have any links with pictures of any of that.

I don’t, but I bet there are pictures out there…maybe on the internet.

2. Wayne (South of GR) says:

WOW!
        That is incredible…..80 inches on the level.
        Thanks Bill.

21. John (Norton Shores) says:

Snow is already beginning to increase.

22. Michael G (se GR) says:

Hey TomKap, that big warm up you were so excited about got the lake effect cranked up again. How do you like them apples?!?!

1. mk says:

You are a loooser!?!

1. Michael g (se GR) says:

Good to hear from you again mk. Enjoy the snow my man!!

+ one million, trillion, gazillion!

23. Hey I have one more question regarding tornadoes….what month is most active for tornadoes in Kansas? I know it can vary but what is the dominant month?

1. Cort S. says:

May for the Plains. Here’s how the climatology of tornadoes can vary throughout the year.

All tornadoes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwcQgXjjTbA

Significant tornadoes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNiK5JXc_Kc
      (Note the numbers corresponding to the colors in this video are different than the other video.)

Btw, are you chasing with a tour group?

1. Not a tour group, but I am going with a group of people. We were already planning a trip to Kansas and were thinking while we were there we would go chasing if conditions are favorable

1. Cort S. says:

I had the experience of launching weather balloons at a field study project in Kansas a few years ago, and while I was there, I was able to do a little bit of chasing on my own dime. I absolutely loved it. I only saw one brief EF0 from a distance in NW Oklahoma (23 May 2011), but that day we also saw several visually stunning supercells which would have been worth the experience regardless.

If you don’t have someone in your chase party that has some decent meteorological/radar/chasing experience, your risk of an unsuccessful or possibly dangerous chase is increased somewhat. You have a big responsibility to learn as much as you can about safety before you go. I recommend reading this for starters: http://www.cimms.ou.edu/~doswell/Chasing2.html

We can get you more familiar with storm structure later. I’ll look for some materials that might be helpful.

2. Jeff (Richland) says:

I will be chasing with a tour group this year. So psyched about it, sounds like it may be a good season for storms!!

3. Thanks for the animation Cort! Very cool video

1. Thanks SlimJim that is helpful information, Thanks!

24. Jeff (Richland) says:

Forget this weather, just booked an impromptu trip to Florida for 5 days in March!! Can’t WAIT to get out of this crap for a bit! I knew I had to do something when my wife asked me if I was about to go insane from this weather and lack of being able to be outside (she gets to go to). :)

1. You will be chasing too? Where do you plan on going? We are planning on Kansas at this time. Also, are they expecting a more active year for tornadoes this year?

1. Jeff (Richland) says:

Ya…we arrive in OKC Memorial Day weekend and depart DEN the following weekend. The tour group supposedly will go wherever the storms are. I think it was Cort, or someone, who posted they thought it was looking to possibly be a more active severe weather season this year than the country has seen in recent years due to the battling of cold in the north and warmth to the south.

I am thinking the same thing (taking a trip to Florida) maybe see some spring training games.

3. Wswplz says:

Have a good trip, always good to get away…only advice I have if at possible is try for 7 days, as travel and acclimation take up the better part of two days even though it’s a short distance. Enjoy the sun and bring some back with ya…

This if from the NWS office across the lake but I thought I would toss it in just for the temps that are being talked about (COLD)

“THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY
    FORECAST CONFIDENCE IS HIGH.

THIS MIGHT BE THE MOST INTERESTING PERIOD OF THE WEEK
    AHEAD…MAINLY FOR WHAT THE GFS THINKS LOWS WILL DO FRIDAY
    MORNING. IT HAS LATCHED ON HARD TO A CLASSIC RADIATIONAL COOLING
    SCENARIO WITH LOWS DROPPING TO 28 BELOW AT MADISON AND 36 BELOW
    ZERO AT LONE ROCK. WE SHOULD HAVE HIGH PRESSURE SLIDING OVERHEAD
    BY 12Z FRIDAY MORNING…BUT WE COULD ALSO SEE SOME HIGH LEVEL
    CLOUDINESS START TO ROLL IN TOWARD MORNING AS WARM ADVECTION FLOW
    TAKES SHAPE UPSTREAM. THE GFS IS ALONE ON THIS EXTREME COLD
    SOLUTION AND IT WOULD ECLIPSE ANYTHING WE/VE SEEN SO FAR THIS
    WINTER.”

And on this side of the lake. There has been a constant snow cover on the ground here in GR since the 8th of December 2013 when 2.6″ of snow fell.

26. GB says:

So what day do we think this weather will break?

I don’t think we see highs consistently above 32 until March 24.

Hate to say it just what I think will happen

1. Lisa (Caledonia) says:

The long-term is having a hard time even getting to 20 for the next 16 days…so I wouldn’t be shocked if you’re right. http://wxweb.meteostar.com/sample/sample.shtml?text=kgrr

1. Ben says:

And it has the vortex back at the end of the period too. That could be some serious record breaking temperatures.

I would say more like April 7th!

1. GB says:

I wasn’t asking you kid.

Do you get paid to post on here? I hope so, if not get a life.

27. Uncle Sparkee says:

Your ol uncle sparkee broke his own record. I just spent 6 days strait days on a tropical vacation in the topical green room. Med smokies and lots of cheddar goldfish, candy bars, blue sugar sticks and lots of Carmel popcorn was the main snacky list of tasty treats. I smoked myself into a tropical vortex of pure heat. Had to take a few days off the ice, back at er tomorrow!

Far out man.

LOL

Hey, Uncle Sparkee…Sounds To Me you are Living The ” American Dream”…. CUE::
      Artist: Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. Stay Cued & puff,puff, PASS….PEACE!!! ;-)

28. Wow Cort, I appreciate all of the information that you have given me. I am very well experienced with radar and movement of thunderstorms and red flags to look for on radar. I know how to identify winds coming towards and going away from the radar, representing rotation and a possible tornado, as well as the red and green colors. I will definantly read the links that you provide. The storm structure would be very helpful for me, and where to look in a cloud structure to pin point the best possible spot for a tornado. I can forsure say I am not going to be the type to try and get closer. I am going to observe from a distance and watch the movement of the tornado, while looking out for another one forming

1. Cort S. says:

Excellent, and I wish you the best of luck. Now, some storms you find won’t be clean and obvious; they’ll be about as shoddy as they usually are in Michigan. And lots of storms in the Plains don’t rotate, and they may just be part of a multicellular system. But if you have a day with classic supercells, it’ll be very obvious (and visually stunning) that there is rotation. In fact, if you are at a good position south of the supercell & hook echo (which is where you should almost always try to be for a classic supercell unless there are more storms threatening you from farther south), you’ll be able to see the whole updraft portion of the cumulonimbus rotating, with a lowered base or wall cloud underneath the rotation. This is what I saw 3 years ago… the whole cloud was corkscrewing upwards: http://vortex.plymouth.edu/~cascholten/photo17.html

1. Wow! That is a cool picture! even though seeing a tornado would be cool, just looking at the beauty of a supercell and the structure can be just as good. I will continue to do my research on this, and I just read the article you provided me to start. A lot of good information in there that I have learned. Storm structure will be something that I will have to spend a little more time on

Research is a big must. I researched building my saltwater aquarium for a year before I finally got it up and running. I’m glad I did too. It is beautiful, and doing great.

2. Cort S. says:

I should note that during that chase we encountered nickel-size hail, urban flooding, and lightning struck a tree 50 yards away while we were driving. So even on a good day with relatively well-behaved supercells, you may be faced with some danger. Oh, and the hoards of chasing vehicles out there in Oklahoma can be horrendous.

2. Red in Allegan Co. says:

Nice pictures Cort. The picture that says: Underneath the shelf cloud. Some people were fooled into thinking these were funnel clouds.
        Holland, MI
        July 16, 2008″ … those are some very freaky cool looking clouds.

1. Cort S. says:

I sent that picture to the “Scary Looking Cloud Club”… it’s on page 6.

3. Eileen (Hesperia) says:

Awesome pictures – thanks for sharing Cort S.

1. Cort S. says:

Thanks. Glad you like it.

We love uncle sparkee!!!! INDYY!!!

The warm weather nuts are being pounded into submission with all of this cold weather! It is getting so bad some are heading out of town! Keep the COLD and SNOW coming right into April! We have come this far lets keep breaking more cold and snow records! Bring it!

1. Me :-) says:

April will be nice, I can feel it. I still say we will hit the 60′s before the end of March. You better enjoy what is left of the winter. It won’t be much longer. The Happy Days are almost here. :-)

Happy Day ?? CUE:: Oh Happy Day – The Edwin Hawkins Singers – YouTube
        ► 5:08► 5:08
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfGDvDGE7zk. ;-)

2. mr. negative says:

Sorry…no -

2. mk says:

Keep the snow, cold till April? How bout some rapid melting, major flooding? Big warm ups come in April! You are a nut.

3. Matt (Spring Lake) says:

I hope TomKap bought a ticket for the old folk bus to Florida. He needs some warmth and sunshine. Too grumpy.

.UPDATE…
    ISSUED AT 836 PM EST MON FEB 24 2014

AT 0130Z RADAR AND SFC OBS INDICATE SCATTERED LIGHT SNOW SHOWERS
    AND FLURRIES MAINLY NEAR TO JUST SOUTH OF I-96. HOWEVER ONLY VERY
    LIGHT SNOW ACCUMS OF A FEW TENTHS OF AN INCH AT MOST ARE
    ANTICIPATED WITH THIS ACTIVITY THROUGH LATE EVENING.

AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE UPSTREAM OVER MN IS PRODUCING LIGHT
    SNOW OVER PORTIONS OF SOUTHERN MN/IA. THIS DISTURBANCE WILL MOVE
    INTO OUR AREA VERY LATE TONIGHT BRINGING LIGHT SNOW SHOWERS AND
    FLURRIES. IT WILL ALSO CAUSE AN ENHANCEMENT TO LAKE EFFECT SNOW
    SHOWERS. OUR CURRENT WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY HEADLINE FOR ALL OUR
    LAKESHORE COUNTIES LATE TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING TO COVER
    THIS LOOKS EXCELLENT AND WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED.

Why the update if conditions are expected to be unchanged?

1. Matt (Spring Lake) says:

Haha…I thought the same thing. Maybe to emphasize “light” and “flurries”…… but still 2 to 4 inches of snow.

32. Larry from Hastings/Barry Co says:

What is the tornado season looking like for he great lakes area this year?

1. John (Norton Shores) says:

The western Great Lakes will have a higher tornadoe year this year because of more cold and warm battling, as for here in Michigan I would expect the same ole, not much tornadoes, but it could be a better year for severe weather, we will see.

2. Cort S. says:

The cold vs. warm air thing is a bit oversimplified. You’ll be more likely to get severe weather if the jet stream has a tendency to develop a large-scale trough in the western US and a ridge in the eastern US, then swing a small-scale trough through the central US. The low-levels of the atmosphere will respond by bringing warm and moist air northward ahead of a developing low-pressure center. Sharp gradients of low-level temperature will help by strengthening the jet stream wind speeds which tend to enhance the dynamics of the low-pressure system and also increase the wind shear in which the storms will exist, which favors severe weather. But one concern I have is that if the tendency for a western ridge and eastern trough persists through spring, severe weather will be a bit subdued.

1. Matt (Spring Lake) says:

We will eventually go from cold and snow to cold and rainy.

2. John (Norton Shores) says:

Thank you Cort, I wasn’t too sure if I was explaining it well haha.

1. Cort S. says:

What’s always fun is that the seasons never do quite what you expect them to.

3. Wswplz says:

I really enjoyed your photo gallery Cort, you have a nice variety of different weather phenomena, pretty cool. Is there an app you recommend using as I often go out on my own and follow weather systems and sometimes snap some photos as well. I usually just use my phone, but if you know of one for a tablet as well I would appreciate your expert opinion. Many times I find myself doing a lot of extra driving due to my lack of good data and of course my lack of knowledge, which I don’t mind except when I miss something quite close to me only to be out of position, and often trying to chase, no pun intended. Lol

1. Cort S. says:

I’m just getting into the app world, so I don’t have a whole lot of suggestions. But if a radar app is what you’re looking for, Radar Scope is one that a lot of people use. It costs $10 but they say it’s well worth the price.

2. Wswplz says:

Thanks Cort, ya there are many apps out there and changing all the time..I currently use radar now (!for just radar) which is okay, but not the best although I do like the GPS feature as it shows your position relative to the storm but not always to reliable. If you here of something by chance give me a shout. Ttyl8tr :)

33. Travis Ulberg (West of Martin, Allegan County) says:

WWA cancelled. Expecting under an inch of accumulation now. Boo!

1. Wswplz says:

Double boo to that….we got a headline, but not for very long..lol. Let’s hope we can get lucky later this week….

1. Wswplz says:

So I guess this means the ” near ” portion is the operative word this time as opposed to certain. Better safe then sorry, however I can hear the complaining already.

34. fixxxer says:

since 90% of this blog has cold weather bias i cant wait until its snowing in late spring and i start hearing you guys bitch and moan on how this affects the crops and farmers. lol…

use your heads people, this continued cold pattern is good for no one.

1. Michael g (se GR) says:

Wat to go Matt. Sure you convinced everyone.

1. Matt (Spring Lake) says:

?

1. Michael g (se GR) says:

Fix’s actual name is Matt. No offense intended to any other Matts.

2. Matt (Spring Lake) says:

Lol…how do you know his name is Matt?

35. on the Grand says:

OK, I hate to say it, I am lost, went out and snowblowed some old hard piles of snow today.