Thursday

March 27th, 2014 at 2:36 am by under Bill's Blog, Weather

Local   Rain showers and breezy today (brief mix possible mainly early and north/northeast – but this will be mostly or all rain showers…south wind 15-20 mph…mid 40s this afternoon.  LOTS of cool pictures/links in the two fresh threads below this one.  If you have a few minutes, check ‘em out today.

Links: Grand Rapids radar, Northern Indiana radar, Chicago radar, Detroit radar and Milwaukee radar. Here’s regional radar, the College of DuPage Radar Map (pick any radar in the U.S.), College of DuPage Grand Rapids radar, GFS snowfall for the next 120 hours and NAM model snowfall for the next 84 hours. the West Michigan Lightning Tracker, National Lightning Tracker, the local warning/advisory map and the National warning/watch/advisory map, and a surface weather map. You can checkout the latest Grand Rapids NWS discussion, the Northern Indiana NWS discussion (includes the Michigan Counties that border Indiana), the discussion for Northern Lower Michigan, and Eastern Lower Michigan. Check out Storm Total Precipitation (until they reset it). Here’s the Spyglass Condos Weather Station the S. Haven GLERL station, the Muskegon GLERL station, the Grand Haven Steelheaders webcam and weather station, and the weather station at Holland State Park. Check out the Maranatha Webcam at Lake Michigan and links to webcams. Here’s the infrared satellite loop (night) and the visible satellite loop (daytime), Lake Michigan water temperatures (summer). Here’s storm reports from SW Michigan, Northern Michigan, NE Illinois, SE. Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and E. Michigan. Check out the wind and wave height at the South Mid-Lake Michigan Buoy (Apr. to Nov. only), the North Mid-Lake Michigan Buoy (Apr. to Nov. only), the buoy at Big Sable Point near Ludington, the weather station at Manistee Harbor and the weather station on the beach at St. Joseph. Here’s Michigan wind gusts from MesoWest, data from the MAWN agricultural weather stations and Weather Underground (data at the bottom from private weather stations). Check out the webcam at Krupp’s Resort, where they are pushing toward 3 feet of snow on the ground. Check out the cold temps. on the U.S. Low Temperature map. Here’s the morning run of the NAM forecast snow amounts. Here’s a live look at the Houghton Bridge. Here’s the Consumers Energy Power Outage Map. We continue to watch for ice jams on Michigan rivers. Here’s Closings.

398 Responses to “Thursday”

Hearty CONGRATS…. 2 BILLS BADGERS!!!!! Great Game aye BILL??

Yeah! Badgers looked good. Wisconsin has only gotten this far several times. They won the National Championship (what it was back then) in 1941.

2. Travis Ulberg (West of Martin, Allegan County) says:

I’m glad we have missed out on the rain so far. Our snow pack is so icy that the rain has nowhere to go, and we would have at least some localized flooding. I’m expecting at least patches of snow to be around into the 2nd week of April around here.

3. Jacob G. says:

So Euro weeklies are in. Compared to Monday’s night run it does not show as much up and down during the first half of April and trending cooler. It does show a nice ridge 3rd week of April over upper Midwest and mild and dry conditions. That does line up with the predicted MJO phase 6 later during April. This phase is usually a warm one for the Midwest and Plains. My interpretation of the weeklies shows limited severe weather events for first half as well. However in the longer end of the spectrum towards the end of April it shows backdoor cold fronts from the NE and eventual re-establishment of the east coast trough. No real sustained warmth on these weeklies yet for us, but it has to happen sometime, right? As a side note sorry to see the uproar from earlier, I don’t know why we cant share our interpretations of the weather and if we don’t talk about each model runs what else is there to talk about. I feel there are 2 sets of users on this blog. One that are true weather geeks and you know who you are and the others who just like to complain about the weather and you know who you are. I for one like to share my thoughts and hear and partake in valid discussions about the weather. Just my 2 cents and try to enjoy the weather as we can’t control it. Oh and if you want me to stop sharing Euro data I can, I don’t talk about because I think the model is the best one, just not everybody has access to it.

1. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

Keep posting, I have learned a lot being on this blog. Once the weather warms up and have our first severe thunderstorm, things will go back to normal.

2. suehelen says:

I agree with Larry. Keep posting. I’m a wanna be weather geek and I’m learning a bunch thanks to people like you!

Please continue to give us a different view! We weather geeks understand that the models can oppose each other on occasion; and I personally find it fascinating to see which one is closest to “reality” for any given event.

4. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

All most forgot…GO BLUE. I would love to see U of M and MSU in the final 4. A dream come true, Michigan national champs.

1. Jacob G. says:

I was just thinking of that same scenario. That would be awesome for the state of MI.

2. Paul says:

Wishful thinking Larry, apparently you didn’t watch the Big Ten Tournament title game, lol. The way MSU plays defense or should I say DOESN’T play defense and stages of the game and if someone stops UofM’s three point machine, it’s goodbye season for both.

Hey Chuck Just keep doing what u do best TRACK RACK AND CRACK THAT storm!! Take some great pics teach us all a little about weather!! And sprite up I told u a long time ago INDY has your back!! Crank some good music!! STAY TUNED!! TO BILL’S BLOGG!! YOUR FRIEND INDYY!!!

6. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

We need a weather event to talk about…lol.

7. Brian (Grandville) says:

It seems like a lot of the comments that seem to stir things up on here come in the mid to late afternoon. Hmm, what happens at that time of day kids.

I’ve been saying that, too. Everyone is respectful and sharing good information until about 3 PM….

1. suehelen says:

Yep.

8. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

Good night, been a long day.