Final Four

March 29th, 2014 at 2:58 am by under Bill's Blog, Sports, Weather

Michigan and Michigan St. are done, having reached the Elite 8.  Only Wisconsin will represent the Big Ten in the Final Four next Saturday.  With Kentucky and Florida waiting, that’ll be a tough hill to climb.     Here’s the schedule… The Final Four games are next Sat. 4/5 with FL/CT at 6:09p and WI/KY at 8:49p.  The big dance is the evening of 4/7.   We’ve got one #1 seed, one #2 seed, one #7 and one #8.

Also, nice MODIS picture of Lake Superior from Friday.  Here’s Lake Huron.

44 Responses to “Final Four”

Let’s hear it for the B1G. The Michigan and MSU games were incredible. THAT is what March Madness is all about.

2. Dan (Byron Center) says:

Great basketball for sure! Michigan and Tennesse what a nail biter! Kentucky and Louisville was a great game! My brackets now are up in smoke. I had Louisville going to the final four. Lets Go Blue, Sparty and the Badgers!

1. Hudsonville Barn Cat says:

The MSU v. Virginia game was edge-of-the-seat also — awesome game!

3. shelbyville says:

After reading the posts from last night, I have to wonder why and how can people hate MSU and love UofM (vise versa). I can only kinda understand if you attended these schools and get a rush from having a rival.

It seems like most of the hatred comes from the wolverine fans who are not alumni, never been to Ann Arbor, and like the colors maize and blue.

When it comes to tournament time, I love all the B1G teams!!

4. Mark (EGR) says:

Fantastic basketball last night. Sunday will be another great day!

5. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

It would be real cool if UofM, MSU and the Badgers made it to the final four. It could happen. GO BLUE.

That would be awesome. UCONN could be easily overlooked and Kentucky is playing out of their minds the past few games.

6. Hudsonville Barn Cat says:

I think you’ve made a typo, Bill — though I have no doubt that MSU actually could clean UConn’s clock at 2:20, take a short break, and then come back out and beat Kentucky at 5:05. Go Green!

Thanks…I think it’s correct now.

7. Wswplz says:

Just South of Saranac says:
    March 29, 2014 at 10:18 am
    My point exactly. That’s why you suck it up and do what you have to to stay on that scholarship. No said it would be easy!

Responding to South Saranac, regarding the general topic of the student athlete on sports scholarship and also in response to an earlier comment of mine on that topic ( northwestern labor board ruling ) which is on the last thread.

South my point has very little( really nothing )to do with the amount of time one has to be both a student and an Athlete, and more to do with exploitation of these athletes’ also like you touched on in your first response in which you agreed with me about NCAA having archaic, outdated laws and I would add the institutions as well. So as an scholar athlete myself it’s not about sucking it up or dropping your scholarship if you feel you can’t handle it, because that happens all the time already and your right it’s a choice. So what about for people like me who suck it up and get there degree, grateful for the scholarship, but it’s not me who droppers the scholarship but rather the other way around, and I get dropped by them because of injury. That actually happens to me btw as I fractured my c4 vertebra ( neck ) and I lost my scholarship because I count perform at my “job ” that year as a Football player while rehabbing my injury. Just one example btw. I’m not saying let’s outright give them paid contracts either…

1. Wswplz says:

* medical coverage would be a start, for example..*

8. Wswplz says:

Hey do the wolverines play tonight at 5:00, not sure if something has changed and I don’t want to miss it. Thanks

1. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

They play Sunday, not for sure the time or the network.

9. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

GO BLUE

WOO HOOOO…THE SUN IS SHINING BRIGHT…HERE NE GR…… ;-) .

GOOO BILLS BADGERS!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Oh My, ” Blue Sky”… CUE :::: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1jpQu6qR1E. :-) . Stay Cued…. ;-)

Since its been pretty boring around here today, here’s something to watch. Its mostly about the tri-state tornado, and a couple other outbreaks, as we get near that time of the season.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56CfBbHZDGM

1. Wswplz says:

If you enjoy tornado docs you should check out the one on the Joplin event, I didn’t look up the link but I think it’s done in part by Jeff Pietrowski ( sp. ) or at least I remember him talking through much of the film / films…… I’m going to check out the one you left, thanks for the link. :)

I think I’ve seen them all. I watch a lot of that stuff when there’s not a lot going on around here weather wise.

1. Wswplz says:

I liked the film, there was some interesting details about many events that I wasn’t aware of. I’m not sure what the general consensus is amongst the experts on the tri-state tornado/ s but it sounds like some experts today believe it must have been multiple as opposed to just one tornado. I’m not sure which theory is correct since it does go against conventional thinking but either way one or multiple that was a destructive event and let’s hope we don’t see something like that anytime soon especially given how dense the cities are.

The Detroit Pistons end the longest on going losing streak of any pro sports team in history tonight. The 76ers embarrassed them tonight to end a 26 game losing streak. Now that is downright pathetic. Red Wings win 4-2.

1. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

Wow, things are looking up…lol.

Congrats Bill!!!!!! Big Ten still going!

BADGERS WIN!!!!!!! Congrats BILL!!!!!!! Stay Cued….. ;-)

17. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

Bill your team won. I would love to see all 3 of the Big 10 in the Final Four. It could happen.

18. Jacob G says:

No changes on potential ice events later this week. Per GRR NWS “MY BOTTOM LINE IS TO SIGNIFICANT WEATHER EVENTS THIS
    WEEK…WEDNESDAY EVENING INTO THURSDAY MORNING AND FRIDAY INTO
    SATURDAY. BOTH WILL LIKELY FEATURE FREEZING RAIN NORTH OF INTERSTATE
    96.”

1. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

Let’s keep the freezing rain north.

19. Irish coffee says:

Yeah, Marino even highlights “El Nino-ish” like pattern incoming, w/ stronger & more active so. jet

20. jerry hoag says:

Come on Michigan State!!!!!!! Get out of this slump and pull it off!!!

Wouldn’t it be cool if Michigan State and Michigan play for the Championship Game in the end!!!!!!

1. Brad (Van Buren) says:

No…only Michigan.

21. jerry hoag says:

UGHHHHHHHHHHH Michigan State LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. jerry hoag says:

Now it is up to Michigan!!!

1. Brad (Van Buren) says:

23. Sooooo sorry MSU fans!! Had a good run!! GO BLUE!!!!

24. jerry hoag says:

In my bracket choices I have Michigan as the NCAA Champions!!!!!

1. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

Hope you are right.

I’m still alive in my office pool. Got Florida winning the whole thing.

25. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

I think MSU was over rated. They had a lot of problems this season. GO BLUE…our only hope in having a team in the Final Four from the state of Michigan. A lot of people didn’t think UofM would make it be on the first round. GO BLUE …Dale Jr. just finish in 3rd place. Good race for Kurt Busch.

Well another great season for MSU. It only takes one bad game, and this was a BAD game. The only thing they lacked this year was solid play from their point guard. Appling is not a true point guard and clearly his wrist is far from healed.

Let’s go Michigan!;

1. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

Both MSU and UofM had a good season. The Big Ten this year had some really good players.

Go blue. MSU wants that split of final four money!

Boy, another sucky game. Michigan got manhandled. Kentucky dominated the boards and the paint.

Let’s go Wisconsin!

28. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

I am feeling so BLUE. It’s all over, but the crying. I will cheer on the Wisconsin Badgers, in the Final Four and national champ game. U of M had a good season, maybe next year they will go all the way. GO BLUE…thanks for the memories.