Happy Mother’s Day

May 11th, 2014 at 1:13 am by under Bill's Blog, Weather

Louise-Steffen-Royal-Party    Happy Mother’s Day.  This is my mother at a “Royal Party” a couple years ago.  She’ll be 95 years old in July.   She sang and played piano for the USO in WWII.  She still plays excellent keyboard and splits here time in Tennessee (winter) and Illinois (summer).  I spend most of my vacation traveling to see her…usually twice a year to Tennessee and several times in the summer to Illinois.

Here in Michigan, we’ll see increasing clouds today with a 50/50 shot at a shower (or even a t-shower) developing.  In the pattern we are in…it was nice to get the sunny, pleasant day timed on Saturday.  We’ll see several areas of showers and t-storms move thru from Sunday PM thru Tues. AM with a pretty cool pattern shaping up from Wednesday into next weekend.

Also:   Check this out – a rainbow from fog formed over hail on the ground..  Snowstorm for ColoradoSupercell t-storm in Kansas…3.8″ of rain in 6 hours at Mobile, AL…6.0 magnitude earthquake NW of Acapulcopossible tornado near Buckner MO.

10 Responses to “Happy Mother’s Day”

1. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all you mothers on this blog. Later this morning, I will be calling my mother. Everyone enjoy this wonderful day.

1. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

I called my mother. All she talked about was the weather, on how nice it’s been. She also thinks that we will get some good storms. Mother’s always know!

2. Rad (Jenison/Hudsonville) says:

It’s That Good TN Life style that keeps Her Going Strong !

3. Dan (Byron Center) says:

Happy Mother’s day! Moms are awesome people and they should get more than one day to be honored!
    Bill your Mom looks like she is doing great! 95 years young that is really neat!

4. Imthemom (just n holland) says:

Warm wishes and memories to all who have lost their Mom’s.

5. DarrenSVRstm ( Cedar S ) says:

Happy Mother’s Day to Bills Mom , as you look great !!!

Happy Mothers Day To All Mom’s Past and Present !!! Side Note: My Mom is 95 years young she will Be 96 in Dec.!! Love YOU MOM …..GOD BLESS……+…… :-)

7. Larry of Hastings, barry co says:

Happy Mother’s Day to Bill’s mother. Bill you have a wonderful family.

8. Rad (Jenison/Hudsonville) says:

Lets see, 6 people locked up in Ottawa County Jail today, and 37 in Kent County Jail and its not even dark out yet. Im sure your Mothers are thrilled with you People, cant even stay out of trouble on Mothers Day. What a bunch of losers!

9. Melinda says:

Bill, I love hearing about your mom, she just sounds like such a wonderful and lovely lady! Thanks for the beautiful day today – traveled north to Croton Dam (our daughter lived in Croton-on-Hudson, NY for a year, about 1/2 mile from the Croton Dam) and managed to get my right arm sunburned from having it out the window; but sure beats the cold and snow of other places!