Sprinkles/Showers End Early Evening

May 17th, 2014 at 11:53 am by under Bill's Blog, Weather

Local 1630 UTC Day 1 Outlook   4 pm – The showers and sprinkles are now generally +20 miles east of Lake Michigan and very widely scattered and light.  They’ll fade away as we approach sunset.  Very little severe weather in the U.S. this weekend…no Slight Risk Area from SPC today.  I’m off to a wedding, more this evening.

Links: Grand Rapids radar, Northern Indiana radar, Chicago radar, Detroit radar and Milwaukee radar. Here’s regional radar, the College of DuPage Radar Map (pick any radar in the U.S.), College of DuPage Grand Rapids radar, GFS snowfall for the next 120 hours and NAM model snowfall for the next 84 hours. the West Michigan Lightning Tracker, National Lightning Tracker, the local warning/advisory map and the National warning/watch/advisory map, and a surface weather map. You can checkout the latest Grand Rapids NWS discussion, the Northern Indiana NWS discussion (includes the Michigan Counties that border Indiana), the discussion for Northern Lower Michigan, and Eastern Lower Michigan. Check out Storm Total Precipitation (until they reset it). Here’s the Spyglass Condos Weather Station the S. Haven GLERL station, the Muskegon GLERL station, the Grand Haven Steelheaders webcam and weather station, and the weather station at Holland State Park. Check out the Maranatha Webcam at Lake Michigan and links to webcams. Here’s the infrared satellite loop (night) and the visible satellite loop (daytime), Lake Michigan water temperatures (summer). Here’s storm reports from SW Michigan, Northern Michigan, NE Illinois, SE. Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and E. Michigan. Check out the wind and wave height at the South Mid-Lake Michigan Buoy (Apr. to Nov. only), the North Mid-Lake Michigan Buoy (Apr. to Nov. only), the buoy at Big Sable Point near Ludington, the weather station at Manistee Harbor and the weather station on the beach at St. Joseph. Here’s Michigan wind gusts from MesoWest, data from the MAWN agricultural weather stations and Weather Underground (data at the bottom from private weather stations). Check out the webcam at Krupp’s Resort, where the snow has finally melted and the lake ice is gone. Here’s the U.S. Low Temperature map. Here’s a live look at the Houghton Bridge. Here’s the Consumers Energy Power Outage Map. Here’s Closings.

44 Responses to “Sprinkles/Showers End Early Evening”

1. DarrenSVRstm ( Cedar S ) says:

Maybe some scattered thunderstorms for areas to the south- east- lower today , very tame if they do develop however.

NO REAL CHANGES TO THE AFTERNOON FORECAST. PLUME OF STABLE AIR OFF
    LAKE MICHIGAN SHOULD PUSH FOCUS FOR SHOWERS RAPIDLY EAST TODAY.
    SPC SREF CALIBRATED GUIDANCE DOES SUGGEST A CHANCE FOR THUNDERSTORMS
    MAINLY OVER SOUTHEAST LOWER MICHIGAN THIS AFTERNOON. HOWEVER…RAP
    MODEL GUIDANCE ADVERTISES VERY MODEST INSTABILITY /MLCAPE LESS
    THAN 500 J PER KG/…SUGGESTING THAT THUNDER THREAT IS LIMITED
    EVEN TO OUR EAST.

2. steven (Derby Lake) says:

First!!!!!!!

Just wanted to get that in for the first time.

Anyways, the past few days every time I go by my car in the driveway, their is a Robin that starts to go crazy. So after a little investigation yesterday, I found a nest with 3 eggs in it in the bushes.

Bill, if you would like to share it in a blog headline so it’s a bit easier for people to see, your more than welcome.

3. Kevin (Marshall) says:

Small (soft) hail fell for several minutes just south of Marshall at 12:35 PM

We just had some light rain – not enough to get the roads wet – but I’ll bet enough to stop the drag racing for a while (zero-tolerance for “wet”, to say the least)

5. All the rain showers so far have been east of me by a few miles. I have held sunshine here this morning. Nice day!

6. DarrenSVRstm ( Cedar S ) says:

Here is a lighting pic I took last week. ( hope this link works ) :)

1. Sandy(Hudsonville) says:

NICE photo!!

1. DarrenSVRstm ( Cedar S ) says:

Do these open as well?

No… Staying CUEDD…

2. DarrenSVRstm ( Cedar S ) says:

Thanks Jack

Oh…..Darren svrstm……Preakness 2014: Will California Chrome win? Experts make their picks
          NJ.com ‎- 3 hours ago
          The anticipation is building as it does every year — the world hasn’t seen a Triple Crown winner since 1978. So can California Chrome be the … Stay CUEDD, and GO CALF. CHROME!!!!

4. Rad (Jenison/Hudsonville) says:

All of them opened up for me, Nice Pic’s LUV the Dog !

5. Sandy(Hudsonville) says:

Opened for me no problem.

6. DarrenSVRstm ( Cedar S ) says:

K I guess it’s working for some thanks for the help and nice comments…..

Worked like a Charm, 2nd Time Around for Me. Darn iPad 1…. Great Stuff Darren !! Tx’s for sharing, and STAY CUEDDD…… ;-)

1. Nice Picture Darren!!

2. DarrenSVRstm ( Cedar S ) says:

Test pic. Dog drinking at bar ( let me knw if this works , I guess two others didn’t )

3. Lol funny picture Darren! It worked!

” Dog”- Gone Nice PIC. Darren !! What is in The Dog’s Glass ?? Sprites ?? Lol…. Hope to see ya at INDYS YARDof BRICKS Party on May 25 Darren !

2. Sandy(Hudsonville) says:

I like that lightning photo better than the first. Love the dog pic – huge dog lover here.

They opened for me – but then, I’m using a computer and not a tablet or phone. GREAT lightning shot – and I hope your dog left a good tip ;-)

7. Jeremy (Three Rivers) says:

34 this morning. Got some sleet/ice pellets for a few minutes before it warmed up. Raining now, of course.

8. steven (Derby Lake) says:

Frost advisory for Clare, Gratiot, Isabella, Lake, Mecosta, Montcalm, Newaygo, Osceola

BRING IT!

1. steven (Derby Lake) says:

Got it!!! ;)

9. DarrenSVRstm ( Cedar S ) says:

Try one last pic , lighting photo….maybe someone can let me knw if certain pic won’t post do to size ? Idk. I tht the sight did that automatically ….

1. Sandy(Hudsonville) says:

Opened fine for me. Great pic.

1. DarrenSVRstm ( Cedar S ) says:

Thanks

1. DarrenSVRstm ( Cedar S ) says:

Amazing birds in Mi for sure , seeing more and more….

A TUNE, for ALL here on Bill’s Blog. For Your Listening & Viewing Pleasure. Nice Pics. CUE, KITARO…Tune Entitled ” CLOUD” ENJOY ::::: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEQm84_C-Cg. Peace, God Bless & Stay CUEDD!!!! :-)

1. DarrenSVRstm ( Cedar S ) says:

Earlier pst – Yes I hope Ca Chrome can bring home the triple crown , that would be really cool , not easy though obviously but I think we should be ready for history to repeat . ( 1978 )

I love the 8 day forecast! No temp higher than 75 degrees! Keep the below normal temperatures coming all summer long and then hammer us next winter!

1. Rockdy (Rockford) says:

OK,

No problem. Above average temps coming http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/. Who knew? You better move to Siberia, since you can’t handle anything above 75 degrees. Fantastic! Bring it! I love it! You are a major troll! Have a nice day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Rockdy (Rockford) says:

I’ll say it again, above average temps coming: http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/814day/814temp.new.gif Who would have thought??

2. Rodey (Rockford) says:

+1 gazillion. Bring it. Who knew?

12. Rodey (Rockford) says:

Fantastic news. Temps will be getting warmer this week and then continue to climb. Will see plenty of 80′s and 90′s this summer and then a MILD winter. I love it. Bring it. Who knew?

13. Dikehopper (Fennville) says:

I am a good 12 or 16 or more hours behind on the comments here. But for what it may be worth to anyone, I just posted the following comment on a Middle Eastern blog.
    ——————
    “villains”

Aah, have I ever mentioned that everything reminds me of a song?

Leonard Bernstein said that the following two songs fit into the category of genius – on the same level of the classical music greats.

But you have to forget that it is the Beach Boys, forget the vocals, forget the lyrics, forget the titles, just pay close attention to the music alone, by itself.

The Beach Boys-Heroes and Villains http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgSgOTxcEMk

Especially this one -The Beach Boys Surf’s Up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyOYQ8qfFng Simply stellar music.

Anyways, my own favorites from the Beach Boys were not what were the most popular. It had to do with the musical composition itself – stuff that mostly no one else listened to.

And Brain Wilson suffered from the same mental and emotional problems that many geniuses did. Locked in his own world, his own universe. Unable to handle day-to-day life. It took a lot of money and shrinks to bring him back to functionality.

He was a musical genius. He is no more.

There was a special on the Beach Boys not too long ago – I think on WGVU?? I grew up with their music (let’s not forget Motown!) – it was all good, fun stuff, and then music in general started to take a “political” turn against the Vietnam war…… but, sometimes the most gifted are tormented from within. Jimi Hendrix and Janice Joplin and Jim Morrison come to mind – yes, drugs killed them, but why were they overcome by drugs when others (David Crosby, Eric Clapton, Rod Stewart…) were able to survive??

YUP,and on That ” Note”…….CUE: Don McLean- American Pie (with Lyrics) – YouTube
        ;-) . ;-) StayCUEDDD.. ;-)