Monday PM Showers

July 14th, 2014 at 3:31 pm by under Bill's Blog, Weather

The radar here will update automatically.  We have scattered showers as I type this at 6:40 pm.  The bigger storms are well south of us in Illinois, Indiana and Ohio.   Temperatures in most areas are in the low-mid 70s.   It’s chilly up north.  At 6 pm it was just 54° at Copper Harbor in the U.P.   Here’s temperatures in Minnesota.  It’ll be pretty cool for mid-July here for the mid-week.  Lots of links below for you:

Here’s GRR looping radar. Links: Grand Rapids radar, Northern Indiana radar, Chicago radar, Detroit radar and Milwaukee radar. Here’s regional radar, the College of DuPage Radar Map (pick any radar in the U.S.), College of DuPage Grand Rapids radar, GFS snowfall for the next 120 hours and NAM model snowfall for the next 84 hours. the West Michigan Lightning Tracker, National Lightning Tracker, the local warning/advisory map and the National warning/watch/advisory map, and a surface weather map. You can checkout the latest Grand Rapids NWS discussion, the Northern Indiana NWS discussion (includes the Michigan Counties that border Indiana), the discussion for Northern Lower Michigan, and Eastern Lower Michigan. Check out Storm Total Precipitation (until they reset it). Here’s the Spyglass Condos Weather Station the S. Haven GLERL station, the Muskegon GLERL station, the Grand Haven Steelheaders webcam and weather station, and the weather station at Holland State Park. Check out the Maranatha Webcam at Lake Michigan and links to webcams. Here’s the infrared satellite loop (night) and the visible satellite loop (daytime), Lake Michigan water temperatures (summer). Here’s storm reports from SW Michigan, Northern Michigan, NE Illinois, SE. Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and E. Michigan. Check out the wind and wave height at the South Mid-Lake Michigan Buoy (Apr. to Nov. only), the North Mid-Lake Michigan Buoy (Apr. to Nov. only), the buoy at Big Sable Point near Ludington, the weather station at Manistee Harbor and the weather station on the beach at St. Joseph. Here’s Michigan wind gusts from MesoWest, data from the MAWN agricultural weather stations and Weather Underground (data at the bottom from private weather stations). Check out the webcam at Krupp’s Resort, where the snow has finally melted and the lake ice is gone. Here’s the U.S. Low Temperature map. Here’s a live look at the Houghton Bridge. Here’s the Consumers Energy Power Outage Map. Here’s Closings.

23 Responses to “Monday PM Showers”

1. DF (EGR) says:

Kind of looks like we missed the storms which is fine with me. I can’t wait for the rest of this week, temps look great.

1. SBPortage002 says:

I am not liking it this cool Tuesday thru Thursday, but i can live with it because it will be brief. Friday thru Monday will be temps that i prefer for summer, upper 70s to low 80s.

2. Nathan (Forest Hills) says:

It was ridiculously warm on the tennis courts this afternoon again today. I can’t wait for the brief cool down this week… it will feel great. I just wish it would last longer.

3. Nathan (Forest Hills) says:

I should add that my definition of ‘ridiculously warm’ is 80+. It was 82 on the courts according to my coach with heating on the asphalt.

1. SBPortage002 says:

Looks like it won’t hit 90 this summer…which is fine by me.

4. Cort S. says:

#PolarVortex vs. #NotPolarVortex drumbeat goes on…

Like I said the other day: Polar vortex is a poorly understood and often misused buzzword in social/traditional media now. Just because it’s extra frigid in the winter doesn’t mean that the meteorological term “polar vortex” is being used correctly. And even though it’s not 5 degrees in July like it was in January, it doesn’t mean that the upper-level patterns aren’t similar.

1. SBPortage002 says:

I am going to submit “polar vortex” to Lake Superior State University for their year end list of banned words and phrases…lol…I am sure they would like to see it banned too.

1. Cort S. says:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see it there in December.

Funny thought Cort a Lot of major net works talked about a Polar Vortex last week!! I really don’t think it was a misused buzzword!! Bill thanks for another great pre fall day!! 3 months till it snows!! INDYY!!

6. Today was a nice day up in this area. Only got 1 sprinkle early on and that was it. Went on a 10 mile bike ride today as well. The weather was great for a long bike ride. A little humid but not bad.

7. Kevin (Marshall) says:

Sick of the humidity.

8. Nathan (Forest Hills) says:

This polar vortex speculation is driving me crazy. A two day cool down into the 60′s isn’t even that extreme considering that it will be the first and only cool down of the summer.

We may have waterspouts tomorrow on the BIG lk stay out of the water!! Its going to get very dangerous !!!! INDYY!!

7-10 FOOT WAVES COMING!! INDYY!!

Bring on the polar vortex! Below, below, below normal temps! Nothing better!

1. matt says:

Go read the job wanted ads. There’s plenty of summer work while you’re out of school. You could be saving money to buy new school clothes. That way you won’t have wear your sister’s hand me downs, and the other kids won’t pick on you in school for wearing girls clothes.

11. Looks like ill have my first downpour of the day coming shortly. A shower just sprung to life to my Southwest

12. I should get a good rainbow soon. It’s raining and nice an sunny

13. Jeremy (Three Rivers) says:

I don’t think anyone would have noticed Bill, but at your 6:15 weather cast just now, day 7 Monday had a snow icon. It took a second glance though. High of 85… and snow? Sorry to nag about it but I thought it was really funny! :) The weather is sure to please both cool and warm weather lovers over the next week. 60s the next couple days and then 80s next week. Nothing to complain about there.

14. Rob (Jenison) says:

Wasn’t it a couple of summers back when July struggled to reach 70?

15. on the Grand says: