Tuesday PM

August 4th, 2014 at 1:32 pm by under Bill's Blog, Weather

Early Tuesday -  Still a few widely scattered showers.  We could yet have a shower or even a t-shower during the early morning.  Here’s the Milwaukee radar and the regional radar.  Any storms that do develop later today could contain brief heavy rain.   Moved to the thread above this one at 10:45 am.  It’s drying out at my place…we need some rain.

96 Responses to “Tuesday PM”

1. Matt (Spring Lake) says:

It sure is dry here along the lakeshore. Having no irrigation, I have just allowed my grass to crisp. Sigh. I will NOT let that happen to all my landscaping though. Lots of manual watering each day. Sunny and dry during the summer…cloudy and damp in the winter. Story of Lake Michigan climate. :)

1. Todd In Nunica says:

I hear ya, although I am happy when my lawn burns up (its not there yet) I mow grass 35hrs a week……last thing I want to do is mow my own…lmao…..started watering plants though, everything is so used to all the rain its gonna really take a beating fast now that its dry.

Already started skipping a few lawns here and there.

2. John (Norton Shores) says:

Good to see ya back on the blog Matt! It’s been a while! And it sure is dry around here, we need a good 2-3″ of rain dumping!

2. Resourceful Nana says:

No rain here, either-northern St. Joseph Co. We keep watching the thunderheads to the north and to the south–and to the east. Even get to hear distant thunder once in a while. It’s happened several times in the past week or two. The cicadas sure are loud tonight.

1. Cliff(KZOO) says:

when down your way this past weekend and couldn’t believe how bad the seed corn looks that way, even with irrigation its still hurting.

3. Bill says:

Final tally here: 4.25 inches of rain this afternoon.
    Jordan Lake near Woodland, Barry Co.

Hey BILL, What or When is 89:15 pm ??? Lol… Stay CUEDD,,,need Rain.PLZ & ThankU. ;-)

5. dano (Norton Shores) says:

Can’t squeeze out a drop here on the lakeshore. It’s been a very strange summer. I live within about 1500 feet of Lake Michigan and it always feels cool outside. The water looks great it’s just kind of cool for swimming.

89:15 pm -  The showers and storms have wound down quite a .??? ;-)

7. Barb says:

No clouds up here in the north. Went to Petoskey today, and it was sunny & pleasant. The water is about 70 here and the temps were in the upper 70s.

8. Just returned home from Alto. I tell ya, the fog in SE Kent and in SW Ionia County is very thick right now. Can only see a couple hundred feet in some spots

1. Some locations it was down to 0 visibility. Made for very slow driving

1. Sandy (Hudsonville) says:

I hate it when we get all fogged in & can’t see anything. It is so strange. I don’t like driving in it either.

2. John (Norton Shores) says:

That’s what recent rain and humidity will do! I love fog because it’s cool, I just don’t like it when you have to drive in it.

Driving in it can sometimes be as bad as driving in a snow squall.

I’d rather Drive in A SNOWSTORM Than FOG. I Feel TOTALY OUT OF CONTROL, When Driving in a Thick FOG… ;-)

BTW, Speaking of ” OUT OF CONTROL” CUE, This Old Eagles Tune :::: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkEW9HRLXME. Crank it UP !!!!! ;-)

I feel the same Jack, it’s so strange driving in the fog.