Perseids Peak in the Early Morning

August 12th, 2014 at 9:32 pm by under Bill's Blog, Weather

muskegon glerl Perseid Meteor Shower The first picture is just after sunset from the Muskegon GLERL camera (from NOAA Coastwatch). The second (from Science@NASA) shows where to look for the Perseid Meteor Shower, which peaks from 2 am – 5:30 am early Weds. Morning. Skies should become mostly clear to partly cloudy from west to east across the area after midnight. Grab a jacket – temperatures will be only in the 50s. The 7/8ths full moon will give the sky a bright background, but the Perseids often have the most bright meteors (fireballs) of any meteor shower, so you may be able to catch a few despite the background light. We’ll be partly cloudy and dry for Weds. thru Friday with comfortable temps. in the 70s during the afternoon and cool readings in the low 50s around daybreak.

8 Responses to “Perseids Peak in the Early Morning”

FIRST, A Question for You Bill. I Trying To Find a Live Link to watch This on My IPAD . You got one You Could Share ? Thanks I’ll stay CueDD for Ya… ;-)

Thanks Bill, However I don’t have The Correct Browser on This Old iPad 1. Gotta another Link ? Sure Hope The Clouds Clear out Here SOON. So I can watch it LIVE & In Person in My Back Yard. Also Are YOU going outside at 2:00am- 5:00am ? Keep LOOKING Up & God Bless U……. :-)

Hey Bill and all Others.: I just got Inside from Sky Gazing for 10-15 minutes. I saw Six Total , 3 not real bright, 2 Med. bright, and ONE Very Bright ” Fireball” streaking across The North East Sky, awesome Tail and Could See CONTRAILS which Looked Like SMOKE….Very,Very COOL. I couldn’t Hear it Due To Noise Pollution, I have Read and Heard They Do Make NOISE. Taking a little Break ( on My NECK). Then Back Outside I shall GO. Anyone Else have anything To Report In your neck of the Woods ?? Stay CUEDD….& Happy Viewing….ALL!!,

Oh BTW Bill, I did Remember To ” Grad” my Jacket LOL….. Grad a jacket – temperatures will be only in the 50s. The 7/8ths full moon will give the sky a bright background, but the Perseids often have the most bright meteors (fireballs) of any meteor shower, so you may be able to catch a Few….. ;-)

4 More..2 “FIREBALLS” !!! Beautiful !! Thank You to the KING OF CREATION !!! :-)

5. Russ Hansen says:

Saw four between 4.40 and 4.55 this morning three bright and one faint one.