Showers and T-Storms

August 18th, 2014 at 10:41 pm by under Bill's Blog, Weather

Early Tues.  Scattered showers and t-showers are moving across Wisconsin and into West Michigan.  No severe weather is expected, though brief heavy rain and gusty winds are possible in a stronger storm.   A few spots in Wisconsin have had over 2″ of rain (Wisconsin Rapids 2.42″).  The afternoon European model gives G.R. a shot at 90° next Sunday.  There will be several chances for showers and storms over the next week.  Check out the links below.  Here’s the convective outlooks for the next 8 days from the Storm Prediction Center.

Also:  Tropical Storm “Lowell” has formed in the Eastern Pacific – no threat to land.   Another hurricane will form south of the Baja in 5-7 days.   Rainfall last 10 days – drought continues in CA – but rains fall in NV, AZ, WA, OR.    Solar energy is cooking birds that fly by.   Arctic Sea Ice Coverage Highest Since 2004 – Close To 1974 Levels.   REALLY close lightning flash!

Links: Grand Rapids radar, Northern Indiana radar, Chicago radar, Detroit radar and Milwaukee radar. Here’s regional radar, the College of DuPage Radar Map (pick any radar in the U.S.), College of DuPage Grand Rapids radar, the West Michigan Lightning Tracker, National Lightning Tracker, the local warning/advisory map and the National warning/watch/advisory map, a surface weather map. You can checkout the late. st Grand Rapids NWS discussion, the Northern Indiana NWS discussion (includes the Michigan Counties that border Indiana), the discussion for Northern Lower Michigan, and Eastern Lower Michigan. Check out Storm Total Precipitation (until they reset it). Here’s the Spyglass Condos Weather Station the S. Haven GLERL station, the Muskegon GLERL station, the Grand Haven Steelheaders webcam and weather station, and the weather station at Holland State Park. Check out the Maranatha Webcam at Lake Michigan and links to webcams. Here’s the infrared satellite loop (night) and the visible satellite loop (daytime), Lake Michigan water temperatures (summer). Here’s recent storm reports from SW Michigan, Northern Michigan, NE Illinois, SE. Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and E. Michigan. Check out the wind and wave height at the South Mid-Lake Michigan Buoy (Apr. to Nov. only), the North Mid-Lake Michigan Buoy (Apr. to Nov. only), the buoy at Big Sable Point near Ludington and the weather station on the beach at St. Joseph. Here’s Michigan wind gusts from MesoWest, data from the MAWN agricultural weather stations and Weather Underground (data at the bottom from private weather stations). Check out the webcam at Krupp’s Resort in the U.P. Here’s the U.S. Low Temperature map. Here’s a live look at the Houghton Bridge. Here’s the Consumers Energy Power Outage Map. Here’s Closings.

201 Responses to “Showers and T-Storms”

1. Kevin (Marshall) says:

1 inch total just south of Marshall in afternoon storms. Near zero visibility at times on I-94 during the peak if the storm.

1. Kevin (Marshall) says:

Of

2. Sandy (Hudsonville) says:

Does anyone have information about a lightning strike in Hudsonville this afternoon?

3. DF (EGR) says:

I drove through the storm in Lansing and it was mean. Darn fun to drive through. Back from vacation in NYC where the weather was perfect!

1. Nathan (Forest Hills) says:

Cool welcome back!

4. Jeff (Richland) says:

Awesome storm today and not forecasted at all!! 1.50″ rain today from both storms, thank you mother nature!!

Wasn’t overly bad here. Lots of rain and lightning strikes. Gusty winds but I don’t think quite severe levels. Impressive line of storms, no doubt.

6. Heavy rain here in BC right now. Popped up right overhead!

7. Ed (Coloma) says:

Only one tenth of rain in Berrien County

8. Uncle Sparkee says:

Well well well my little weather hobos, burning down your cities now? Your all nuts! If I was up for a ride I’d load up tokes, killer and dopy along with my weapons of choice and help out the law abiding store owners down in your hoods! I’d put a whoop ass on those idiots so bad they would be begging for the rubber bullets instead of your ol uncle sparkees world of hurt! I tell you what, put a fence around that city and let those idiots starve! I’m pretty positive none of them know how to hunt or fish for thier food!

When Obama took office gun sales went up 70% we all new this was coming we are at war with our selfs our great nation so sad!!! It’s not about drugs its about thugs in our great nation that are killing off our freedom turn on Fox news and u will see lots of them!! Weather news Bill thanks for the rain my YARDofBRICKS is green again we love green grass!!! INDYY!!

1. SW Kent says:

Green grass…..yes we love it INDY!

10. Uncle Sparkee says:

Your ol uncle sparks thinks you big city lights better wise up. Learn and teach how to use guns. Buy the it looks, your all r going to need them! Trespass on me, tokes, killer and dopey will use you as a chew toy, then you have to deal with your ol crazy uncle sparkeeeeee

Again, thanks for threatening everyone, but no one cares about your mean green.

1. Uncle Sparkee says:

Again, wise up, you ever shot a gun? Ever been strong armed? Ever been harassed for smoking medical grass? Figure it out, cuz u will! Threats?

I’ve been around guns my entire life, my dad raised me round hunting and fishing, I can do it all on my own. I also tubed an arrow shooting my bow a few years ago. Still have it in the garage.

11. Uncle Sparkee says:

Build bigger prisons and let your ol uncle sparkee man the watch towers! We will play pin the bullet on the thug! For the last three weeks I’ve been watching Russian weather and news cuz thier weather girls r pretty, I turn my tv back to the west and I see riots in your streets, come on now!

1. Cliff(Scotts) says:

Sparkee your scaring the kids on here. What’s up with talking in third person so much?

12. Shelbyville says:

I just got done cleaning up the storm damage. We had lots of limbs down, and a few split trees.

13. Shae says:

I remember the days when this was a WEATHER blog, as opposed to a political blog, or a place to read delusional rambling about guns and “medical green”. Those were the days…